Based on feedback, we're providing a variety of resources for specific disabilities. Please note that this list is not all encompassing. To receive individual consultation, please reach out to email@example.com.
Disability Management Services assists managers/supervisors and neurodiverse applicants and employees in the interactive process to explore and implement effective accommodations.
The term neurodiversity describes the natural range in how people experience and interact with the world, with no single one way being viewed as the “right” way. This term is often used to refer to autism, but also includes other neurological and developmental conditions, such as learning disabilities and ADHD. Neurodiversity is seen in the differences in how people think, learn, and behave- and these differences, when supported, are often strengths in the workplace.
Examples of Potential Accommodations
- Noise canceling strategies
- Removal of distractions
- Private space for breaks or more frequent breaks
- Multiple training modalities or training refreshers
- Written instructions or manuals
- Task separation or dividing a task into smaller chunks
- Adjustment in communication methods
- Stable routines and schedules
- Offering regular and concrete feedback
- Assistive technology, such as graphic organizers and word prediction software
Resources and Education
Human Neurodiversity Should be Celebrated, Not Treated as a Disorder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxmEv7fOFY
UC Davis Health Mind Institute Autism Resources https://health.ucdavis.edu/mindinstitute/resources/autism.html