UC Davis provides reasonable accommodations from application through onboarding to support external and internal applicants in their pursuit of employment with the University.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, you must request it. The request does not have to be a formal written process.
Requesting a reasonable accommodation:
- Application Process - to request an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com
- Interview Process - to request an accommodation for the interview process, please ask your interview coordinator who may be able to easily accommodate you (e.g., changing the location of the interview). If the interview coordinator needs support/guidance to provide a reasonable accommodation, they should consult with Disability Management Services.
- Hiring/Onboarding Process - to request an accommodation during the hiring/onboarding process please ask the onboarding coordinator who may be able to easily accommodate you (e.g., assist with completing documents). If the onboarding coordinator needs support/guidance to provide a reasonable accommodation, they should consult with Disability Management Services.
Departmental support for reasonable accommodation:
UC Davis departments must provide reasonable accommodations for applicants pursuing employment with UC Davis. If possible, please work directly with the applicant/candidate to provide reasonable accommodation and email Disability Management Services for support, as needed.
Do you need to disclose your disability?
- There is no legal obligation to disclose your disability or serious health condition to your employer during the application, hiring process, and during your employment.
- A reasonable accommodation can be requested as it is needed. It need not be disclosed during the hiring process.
- However, if you need to request a reasonable accommodation at any time, the employer can request more information about your work restrictions and/or limitations in order to determine what reasonable accommodations can be provided.