Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to maximize the comprehensive health benefits available to you as a UC employee.
UC Davis Employee Benefits is here to help you understand your options, so you can make the best choices for you and your family.
Open Enrollment for 2023
Friday, Nov. 18, 2022 @ 5 p.m.
- Open Enrollment changes will be effective Jan. 1, 2023.
- Open Enrollment does not apply to individuals enrolled in the SOM/SVM Interns & Residents benefits programs or students enrolled in SHIP.
- Open Enrollment for Postdoctoral Scholar Benefit Program is through Gallagher
Take Action During Open Enrollment
Your current plan elections, except for the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA,) will continue for 2023, unless you elect to change them. If you are currently participating in the Health FSA or Dependent Care FSA programs and would like to participate for 2023, you must take action to re-enroll.
- ENROLL IN or OPT OUT of UC sponsored medical, vision, dental and/or legal plans
- TRANSFER to a different medical or dental plan
- ADD or REMOVE eligible family members to/from your medical, dental, vision and/or legal plans
- ENROLL or REENROLL in the Health FSA and/or Dependent Care FSA.
Make Open Enrollment Changes Through UCPath
Medical Plan Rates
The UC Blue & Gold HMO rates on the UCnet website are NOT the rates for UC Davis and ANR employees.
View Medical Plan Rates for UC Davis and ANR Employees.
Plans Available During Open Enrollment
The UC Office of the President will publish medical plan details on its UCNet Open Enrollment Page.
See Plans Available to You At Any Time
Comparing Medical Plans
All of UC’s medical plans offer comprehensive coverage, but benefits and costs do vary. Visit the UCNet Medical Plan Comparison page for detailed comparisons of:
- Annual Costs
- Hospital Services
- Physician Visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Behavioral Health
- Other Benefits
Download Which Medical Plan is Right For You?
Medical Plan Availability
- Regional Medical Plan Availability - Where you live and/or work can limit which medical plans will best serve you. The 2023 UC Medical Plan Availability Tool [Excel] allows you to search for HMO plans available through UC, by CA ZIP code and county.
- Local Medical Provider Availability by Plan - More On UC Medical Plans [PDF]
Plans Available to You At Any Time
You can enroll in these plans or make changes through UCPath all year long
Supplemental Life Insurance
You can apply to enroll in or increase your coverage under Supplemental Life Insurance at any time.
Voluntary Disability Insurance
You can apply to enroll in the Voluntary Short-Term and/or Long-Term Disability plan at any time.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
You may enroll or change your AD&D coverage at any time through UCPath.
You can enroll in pet insurance at any time and your coverage will be effective approximately 14 days after your application is approved by Nationwide.