DMS provides guidance on accommodations, if you need information on disability insurance or how to file a disability claim please see below for more information.
Staff/Senate Faculty/Lecturers/Librarians/other academic appointees (non-HCOMP)
To file a disability benefit claim through Lincoln Financial Group please follow the steps outlined on the UCNet webpage found here https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/roadmaps/applying-for-disability-benefits.html
- For more information in UC Disability Benefits, please review the "Guide to Disability Benefits" factsheet that can be found here: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/your-guide-to-uc-disability-benefits-fact-sheet.pdf
- The Spanish version, "Su Guía de Beneficios por Discapacidad en la UC", please visit https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/su-gu%C3%ADa-de-beneficios-por-discapacidad-en-la-uc.pdf
How to enroll in Disability Insurance coverage if you missed your period of initial eligibility
- Here are the instructions for the online submission of Evidence of Insurability https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/instructions-for-online-submission-of-evidence-of-insurability.pdf
- The Spanish version can be found here https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/instructions-for-online-submission-of-evidence-of-insurability-esp.pdf
- For questions regarding this process please contact the Benefits office. They can be reached at email@example.com.
NY Life Insurance (formerly CIGNA), Contact Michelle Younger via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents and Fellows
NY Life Insurance (formerly CIGNA), Contact Holly Singletary via email at email@example.com.