Medical Leaves Information:
Disability Management Services helps employees with accommodations for their own serious health condition or disability that allow them to continue working.
Employees with a serious health condition or disability may also need medical leave, either for a block of time or with an intermittent or reduced schedule. Disability Management Services can consult on accommodations including leave as an accommodation, but we do not process leave requests.
Depending on your location, employment type and department, there are leave teams that can help you with your leave request and advise you on pay options, including filing for disability insurance benefits. Please see below for links:
|UC Davis Campus|
|UC Davis Health|
|Residents & Fellows||https://hr.ucdavis.edu/employees/ucdh-resident|
To Request Leave:
- Notify supervisor/chair of your need for leave (no need to disclose confidential or personal health information) and submit a ticket/leave request to the appropriate leave service channel, if necessary.
During Your Leave:
- Remain in contact with your leave coordinator and supervisor;
- Watch for a UC Path benefits billing statement if you are on leave without pay from UC Davis.
Preparing to Return from Leave:
- As early as possible, contact your supervisor and leave coordinator to confirm your return-to-work date;
- Provide your return-to-work documentation from your medical provider listing any limitations/restrictions or, if you are requesting to extend medical leave, provide your documentation outlining the additional leave period requested;
- In either case, please provide the documentation 1-2 weeks before your expected return-to-work date so your department can plan for coverage or any accommodations upon your return.
Returning from Leave:
- Submit your benefit enrollment forms or enroll via UC Path to reinstate benefit coverage if your coverage ended;
- Review your benefit enrollments and benefits summary within 31 days after your return. Go to the UC Path portal or phone 855-982-7284;
- Because disability benefit premiums are paid in arrears, it is important that you review your first several earnings statements on UC Path to ensure your disability benefits are reinstated.
- UC Net https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
- Leave of Absence Roadmap https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/roadmaps/loa.html
- Having a Baby Roadmap https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/roadmaps/having-a-baby.html
- Leave Without Pay Factsheet https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/leave-without-pay.pdf
- Taking Paid Leave https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/roadmaps/paid-leave.html
- Catastrophic Leave Program https://hr.ucdavis.edu/employees/leave-time-off/catastrophic