Disability Management Services is happy to assist employees in navigating the interactive process and reasonable accommodation process. Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- It is a modification or adjustment to an employee’s job or work environment that ensures equal opportunity in the application process, enabling a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of a position, and makes it possible for an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment.
- How do I request a reasonable accommodation?
- Communicate with your supervisor to request an accommodation and reach out to Disability Management Services for help. We recommend talking to a supervisor then following up with an email and copying firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is some sample language you can use:
"As I mentioned, I am having difficulty performing my (specific tasks, duties) because of disability/medical condition. I want to explore reasonable accommodations so I am including Disability Management Services to help with this process."
- How do I talk to my manager/supervisor when I share that I have a disability or serious health condition?
- If you are having difficulty performing your job duties because of a disability or medical condition we recommend you speak with your supervisor in private or ask for a phone call to discuss your limitations. You do not need to disclose your diagnosis or medical condition.
- How do I request a medical leave?
- Communicate with your supervisor regarding your medical leave request. For more information please see: https://hr.ucdavis.edu/departments/elr/dms/medical-leaves.