Child Care Options: Davis Campus Location
- PDF How to Find Childcare Local UC Davis-focused resource
- Children's Home Society: Yolo County Resource and Referral Information. Customized search for all licensed Family Child Care Homes and Center options based on your needs.
- 800-KIDS-793 or 530-645-6265. This is the main resource designated by state licensing for finding openings at licensed small family home centers and large Child Development Centers.
- Assistance paying for child care: 530-645-6266
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Special needs care referral service
- Less than 1 minute to get to live local person to help you and you will receive a customized list of providers with general, availability and contact information.
- The University of California provides Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports to help you find in-home care. This is a benefit to most staff (some represented groups opted out).
Child Care Located on Campus
There are four child care centers on the UC Davis campus. The Early childhood lab school is associated with the Department of Human and Community Development. The Hutchison, LaRue Park and Russell Park centers are operated by third party vendors located on campus.
- Early Childhood Lab School at the Center for Child & Family Studies: The Center for Child & Family Studies is a teaching, research and demonstration laboratory within the Department of Human Ecology. It enrolls children ages six month through five years in part-time (12 hours per week) active learning programs. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
**CCAMPIS child care program offers free or discounted child care spots at the nationally accredited, on campus Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL) and individualized support and mentorship for student parents through the TRC. The program is funded by a federal grant from the US Department of Education awarded to the ECL and TRC; participation is open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Hutchison Child Development Center: Operated by Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Contact: 1055 Extension Center Drive | 530-752-7676 | Michelle Beckstrom, Director
- LaRue Park Child Development Center: Operated by Campus Child Care Inc. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Contact: 50 Atrium Way | 530-753-8716 | Shelby Faria, Director
- Russell Park Child Development Center: Operated by Campus Child Care Inc. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Contact: 400 Russell Park | 530-753-2487 | Sarah Tibbet, Director
Child Care Located in the Community
Center Based Care
There are a variety of child care settings from which to choose, depending upon your needs. You are best qualified to judge which setting will be most appropriate for your family. These include child care centers, nursery schools, cooperatives, playgroups and recreation programs licensed by the state to serve infants through school-age children.
- Davis Joint Unified School District Free & Fee Preschool Programs
- California council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools Northern CA list
- Elementary school-based Child Development Centers https://www.catalystkids.org/
- Children's Home Society: Resource and Referral: all licensed care
- Please note, there are multiple private Child Development Centers in the area that will be listed at Children's Home Society.
Family Child Care Homes
This option offers care for small groups of children, infants to 12 years old, in the provider's private residence. Anyone who provides paid care in their home for the children of more than one family at a time is required by state law to have a family child care license, and is considered self-employed. Rates, schedules and calendars vary by home. Lists are found at your state/county designated organization. Yolo County is: Children's Home Society: Resource and Referral Information and Subsidized Child Care Resource & Referral information: 800-552-0400 or 530-645-6265
After School Care
- Elementary School Located CDC's: Privately owned and operated for school-age children are available at each of the Davis Joint Unified School District elementary schools. Catalyst Kids offers on-site care before and after school hours, on holidays and during summer. Most elementary school-based Child Development Centers are open during COVID. Catalyst Kids
- ACCESS (After school Community Collaborative Enrichment Student Services) Davis KIDS KLUB.
Child Care within Your Home
This is care provided by babysitters, nannies and au pairs, who are considered domestic employees exempt from licensing. Background checks for criminal convictions and child abuse are available through Trustline Registry.
- Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports: Available to UC employees free of charge. It is an online subscription matching system to child care providers and nannies as well as discounts and preferred enrollment for employees. Background checks part of service.
- International Au Pair Association listings
- Davis Babysitter & Nanny Network for UCD, Davis, Woodland, Winters Facebook Page
- Davis Parents Facebook page
- Nextdoor has many students who have posted child care availability.
- Many departments are using Slack to share/schedule child care with colleagues.
If you are interested in finding a community of parents, please join the Parents at UCD slack group: parentsatucd.slack.com
- Children's Home Society: Yolo County Resource and Referral
- Child Action, Inc: Sacramento Resource and Referral Service
- (916) 369-0191| email@example.com.
- California Child Care Resource and Referral County Agencies: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/rragencylist.asp
- PDF How to Find Childcare Local UC Davis-focused resource
- Two Peas in a Pod UCDH blog
- Day Care 101: How to Chose the Best Day Care Facility for your Family What to Expect
- Quality Checklist for Choosing Child Care AAP
- Selecting a Child Care Program Child Care Aware.org
- Choosing Quality Child Care, Child Care Aware.org
- 8 Tips for Choosing Child Care, Parents Magazine
- Essential Child-Care Questions, What to ask. Parents Magazine