UC Davis Child Care - Davis Resources

Child Care Options: Davis Campus Location

  • PDF How to Find Childcare  Local UC Davis-focused resource
  • Children's Home Society:  Yolo County Resource and Referral Information.  Customized search for all licensed Family Child Care Homes and Center options based on your needs.
    • 800-KIDS-793 or 530-645-6265.  This is the main resource designated by state licensing for finding openings at licensed small family home centers and large Child Development Centers.  
    • Assistance paying for child care: 530-645-6266
    • Fluent in Spanish and English
    • Special needs care referral service
    • Less than 1 minute to get to live local person to help you and you will receive a customized list of providers with general, availability and contact information.
  • The University of California provides Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports to help you find in-home care.  This is a benefit to most staff (some represented groups opted out). 

Child Care Located on Campus

There are four child care centers on the UC Davis campus. The Early childhood lab school is associated with the Department of Human and Community Development. The Hutchison, LaRue Park and Russell Park centers are operated by third party vendors located on campus.

  • Early Childhood Lab School at the Center for Child & Family StudiesThe Center for Child & Family Studies is a teaching, research and demonstration laboratory within the Department of Human Ecology. It enrolls children ages six month through five years in part-time (12 hours per week) active learning programs. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). 

    **CCAMPIS child care program offers free or discounted child care spots at the nationally accredited, on campus Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL) and individualized support and mentorship for student parents through the TRC.  The program is funded by a federal grant from the US Department of Education awarded to the ECL and TRC; participation is open to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students who meet the eligibility criteria.


  • Hutchison Child Development CenterOperated by Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
    • Contact: 1055 Extension Center Drive | 530-752-7676 | Michelle Beckstrom, Director
  • LaRue Park Child Development Center: Operated by Campus Child Care Inc. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
    • Contact: 50 Atrium Way | 530-753-8716 | Shelby Faria, Director
  • Russell Park Child Development Center: Operated by Campus Child Care Inc. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
    • Contact: 400 Russell Park | 530-753-2487 | Sarah Tibbet, Director

Child Care Located in the Community

Center Based Care

There are a variety of child care settings from which to choose, depending upon your needs. You are best qualified to judge which setting will be most appropriate for your family. These include child care centers, nursery schools, cooperatives, playgroups and recreation programs licensed by the state to serve infants through school-age children.

Family Child Care Homes

This option offers care for small groups of children, infants to 12 years old, in the provider's private residence. Anyone who provides paid care in their home for the children of more than one family at a time is required by state law to have a family child care license, and is considered self-employed. Rates, schedules and calendars vary by home. Lists are found at your state/county designated organization.  Yolo County is: Children's Home Society: Resource and Referral Information and Subsidized Child Care  Resource & Referral information: 800-552-0400 or 530-645-6265

After School Care

Child Care within Your Home

This is care provided by babysitters, nannies and au pairs, who are considered domestic employees exempt from licensing. Background checks for criminal convictions and child abuse are available through Trustline Registry.

Online Resources

Additional Resources

Reading Resources: