Whether you're looking for an after-school sitter, a nanny, a caregiver for an adult or elderly loved one, or someone to walk the dog — we’re here for you.
The University of California Office of The President provides Bright Horizons Additional Family Supports to help you find care. Health Employees are also eligible for the Bright Horizons Back-up Care Program. Watch an on-demand overview of the Back-up Care and Additional Family Supports.
Additional Family Supports has six components:
1. Sittercity: Search for sitters, nannies and housekeepers
Caregiver Database for Self-Selected Care: child, adult and pet care.
- View responding caregiver profiles for vetting.
- Basic background checks are provided. Enhanced checks can be requested at a discounted fee.
- Check references.
- Interview by phone and then in person.
- Have a new nanny, after-school homework help, housecleaner or weekend babysitter
2. Years Ahead: Elder Care resources
Access a needs assessment, resource library and search tools to find elder caregivers and facilities.
3. Preferred enrollment and tuition discounts for center-based care
Get preferred enrollment at Bright Horizons centers and access tuition discounts at network centers.
Provides easy access to high-quality tutoring and test prep providers, offering a variety of online and in-person options with exclusive discounts.
5. Pet Care
Find experienced pet sitters, dog walkers and more
6. Nanny Placement Services *Bay area service only at this point*
Receive high-touch local support finding a vetted full-time nanny, with substantial savings. Provided through a partnership between Bright Horizons and College Nannies+Sitters. Unfortunately they do not have a resource office in the Sacramento/Davis region. The nearest are several located in the Bay Area, so unfortunately, this would only be useful for those who live there.
How to Access your Benefits:
- UC DAVIS MAIN CAMPUS EMPLOYEES: CLICK HERE to create your account and access your benefit.
- UC DAVIS HEALTH EMPLOYEES: CLICK HERE to create your account and access your benefit.
- POSTDOCS use this link to access Additional Family Supports (managed through the Postdoctoral Scholar Benefits Plan)
If you have trouble accessing your benefits please contact email@example.com.