The UC Davis Caregiver Support Group provides an opportunity for staff and their family members to meet once a month for mutual emotional support, receive resources and exchange coping skills with one another in matters relating to caregiving.
WorkLife and Wellness and the Women's Resource and Research Center hosts a facilitated monthly support group for staff, retirees and students who are caring for an adult who is sick, disabled or fragile with age. The group is facilitated by clinical psychologist Dr. Louise Bettner, PhD, on the second Friday of each month from 12:00-1:00 in the WRRC Righteous Babes Lounge, North Hall, Davis campus. No reservation necessary.
- April 13
- May 11
- June 8
Please email email@example.com and request to be put on the "familycaregiver" mailing list for a quarterly update on local resources and occasional notices of upcoming relevant events.
Yolo Adult Day Health Center
This group is to support, encourage, and inform family caregivers of loved ones with memory loss. It is open to any family members or friends. No reservations are required. Second Tuesday of each month. 6:30-8:00. 20 North Cottonwood Street, Woodland
Woodland Senior Center Support Groups 530-661-2001
- Arthritis Support 1st Thursday 1:00 pm
- Peripheral Neuropathy 3rd Tuesday 1:00 pm
- Outa Sight (vision support) 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 12:30 pm
- Parkinson’s Support 4th Tuesdays 1:00 pm
- Prostate Cancer Support 2nd Monday of odd months 7:00 pm
- Retiree Assistance 2nd Tuesday of odd months 12:15 pm
- Stroke Support 3rd Mondays 1:00 pm
- Transitions (aging-related topics) 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 1:00 pm
Choices in Caring, Advance Care Planning Classes
Dignity Health has a monthly class about Advance Care Planning presented by Dr. Jeffrey Yee. The class is held at 1:00 pm, the fourth friday of every month at Woodland Medical Office, 632 W. Gibson Road, Education Classroom. For more information or to register please call 530-668-2600.
Saturday Club at Davis Senior Center
This program provides respite for the caregiver, and a supervised activity time, including lunch, for their loved one. Call 530-758-3704 for more information. Sponsored by Citizens Who Care
Family Caregiver Alliance Videos in English and Spanish
AARP & Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing Video Series:
- Family Caregiver Video Guide to Managing Medications
- Family Caregiver Video Guide to Wound Care
- Family Caregiver Video Guide Series to Mobility
Bright Horizons Free Webinars for Caregivers: