Pets are family! Relationships between people and pets have been proven to positively influence our well-being.
UC Davis Community Practice for Small Animals Discount
UC Davis and UC Davis Health System staff, faculty and retirees all receive a 10% discount for pet care and supplies in the community practice or anywhere else in the teaching hospital. For more information, ask for the Finance department at the contact below:
Telephone - Large/Small Animal Clinic: (530) 752-1393
Other Vet School Perks:
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support Group
- An Evening with Vet Med- A Client Educational Series
- California Raptor Center
- Oiled Wildlife Care Network (volunteer opportunities)
- Kitten Adoption: A rescue run by the Feline Medicine Club at the Vet School who take care of orphaned and abandoned neonatal kittens under four weeks of age. These kittens are fostered by veterinary students who bottle-raise them in their own homes. The kittens are weaned, vaccinated, FeLV tested, spayed or neutered, and dewormed before they are put up for adoption, usually by 10-12 weeks of age. Adult cats and some dogs available too!
Local Pet Services
- Sittercity: Most UC Davis employees are offered a complimentary account
- Nationwide Pet Insurance for employees
- Low cost spay/neuter options in the region
- Yolo Hospice monthly Pet Loss Support Group
- Sacramento SPCA
- Front Street Shelter-City of Sacramento
- UC Davis Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital (VMTH)
- Yolo County Animal Services/Shelter
- Yolo County SPCA
- Lost or Found? Facebook has communities (Woodland, West Sac) such as Pets Lost and Found Davis that can be very helpful if you have found or lost a pet.