HR’s Race Matters initiative offers regular forums and training sessions with an HR-perspective. Designed for HR professionals, managers and supervisors who want to reduce bias in the workplace and engage with their teams on matters of race.
Belonging | Creating Inclusive Environments
Presented by: Gayle Guest-Brown, MBA and Lyndon Huling, EdD
Thursday, October 8th
2:00 - 3:30
Past Events and Materials
Implicit Bias: Understand It & Mitigate It
Presented by: Lyndon Huling, EdD and Gayle Guest-Brown, MBA
on Thursday, September 10, 2020
This workshop explored how biases can negatively impact HR policies, practices and personal interactions.
- Understand how bias impacts hiring, compensation and other HR practices
- Unpack the baggage of stereotypes
- Leverage a new guidebook to help identify and mitigate bias
- Guide: Addressing Implicit Bias in the Workplace
- Presentation Slide Deck (PDF) (Recording coming soon)
Confronting and Reducing Bias in the Workplace
Presented by: Shaun Fletcher, PhD
on Thursday, August 6, 2020
Participants gained a deeper understanding of the concept of diversity in the workplace and reflect on your role in creating a more inclusive environment.
The following addressed strategies for reducing barriers and bias, and encouraging an inclusive mindset in the workplace or community.