At UC Davis, we work to make your maternity experience one of ease, comfort and happiness. WorkLife helps new parents navigate the many paths and challenges of integrating work and life.
Benefits & Policies
- Please refer your manager/supervisor to the Resources for Managers, Maternity Leave and Breastfeeding Page
- What to do if You're Having A Baby
- Pregnancy, Newborn Child and Adopted Child Fact Sheet
- Family and Medical Leave Fact Sheet
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Basic and Voluntary Disability
- UC Davis Health, Training & Development - Pregnancy Leave Workshop
- (ERIT) program: Employee-Initiated Reduction in Time
- Title IX protections/obligations in an academic setting: The Pregnant Scholar
- A Postdoc's Guide to Pregnancy and Maternity Leave National Postdoctoral Association
Davis Campus Resources
- HR representative: Michelle Younger, Benefits Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upcoming UC Davis Staff Development and Professional Services: Maternity Benefits Courses
UC Davis Health Sacramento Resources
- HR representative: Leslie Brown, Interim Leaves Consultant, email@example.com
- Benefits Office: 916-734-8099
- Upcoming UC Davis Learning and Development: Pregnancy Leave Workshops
Health and Safety
- Pregnancy and Reproductive Hazards in the Workplace: Chemical and Radiological Hazards
- Pregnancy and Reproductive Hazards in the Workplace: Physical and Biological Hazards
- Pregnancy and the University Workplace
- Disability Management Services
- UC Davis Campus Disabled Parking and Temporary Medical Permit information
- UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program
- UC Davis Graduate, Undergraduate and Professional Student Parents Facebook Page
Baby & Me Support Group: Welcomes moms, dads and other primary caregivers of infants from birth to nine months. The goal of the group, led by an expert, is to provide a place where parents can learn from one another while building friendships and creating a support community. Baby & Me meets every Tuesday at 9:00 am at Sweet Potato Pie 528 Main Street, Woodland. No reservation is necessary and parents are encouraged to simply stop by and join in. For more information, contact Janelle at 530-662-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodland New Mothers Support Group: Join Woodland Healthcare lactation consultants and staff, along with other new mothers to answer questions and share the challenges and joys of bringing baby home. You are welcome to bring your baby, significant other and family members to this support group. The support group is bilingual, open to the public and FREE of charge. The support group meets every second Monday of each month (except holidays) from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Woodland Medical Office, Education Classroom, 632 W. Gibson Road. For more information, call 530-669-5420.
Worth the Wait Support Group at Davis/UC Davis Health A support group for women of Advanced Maternal Age (35 years and older) is taking place once a month each in Davis and UC Davis Health, Sacramento. The purpose of this group is to share the positive and challenging experiences of being a more mature first time or repeat mother. Topics of discussion include fertility, pregnancy, health care, child care, resources, and many more! If you would like to join, please contact Jen Byberg at email@example.com or Worth the Wait Moms Support Group on facebook https://m.facebook.com/groups/1840331559365943.