- What is AggieService?
- The AggieService case management system tracks all human resource and payroll transactions for clients of the Shared Services Organization, College of Engineering and Division of Social Sciences. For all other UC Davis employees, AggieService can be used to ask a question, report a problem or get phone numbers to access help for talent acquisition and recruitment, reclassification, compensation, payroll and benefits.
The future vision for AggieService is to serve as a UC Davis community portal with easy access to all employee services. The next phase will include more service lines from Human Resources, for example.
- What changes for the clients of the Shared Services Organization, College of Engineering and Division of Social Sciences?
- AggieService replaces the Shared Services Organization’s use of ServiceNow for HR and payroll cases. It also replaces homegrown systems used in the Division of Social Sciences and College of Engineering. AggieService is built to integrate into other existing systems and will help enhance efficiency, increase transparency and improve the customer experience.
- Who can use AggieService?
- Anyone at UC Davis can use AggieService to ask a question, report a problem or get phone numbers to access help for talent acquisition and recruitment, reclassification, compensation, payroll and benefits. Authorized clients of the Shared Services Organization, College of Engineering and Division of Social Sciences are able to submit and track cases.
- How long does it take to get my question answered?
- Once you ask a question in AggieService, you receive an automatic email confirming your question was received. Depending on the type of question you asked, the responsible unit on campus will receive your inquiry and route it to the appropriate person for a response.
- What kinds of questions can I ask in AggieService?
Any general question related to talent acquisition and recruitment, reclassification, compensation, payroll or benefits can be asked. Specific questions often require the attention of your supervisor, but general questions are welcomed by AggieService. We’ll use your questions to begin building a searchable database of answers to the most common questions we receive.
> I submitted a reclassification request, can you provide me with the status of that request?
> My friend is applying for a job for which I’m recruiting, can I still remain the Hiring Manager?
> Can you tell me how to change my beneficiary information?
> I’m adopting a child; do I have to wait for open enrollment to add them to my medical insurance?
- Will the old Case Management System (CMS) be retired?
- AggieService replaces the current case management system that the Shared Services Organization uses, called ServiceNow. The old system will remain up until the end of December 2016 and then will be retired. The data will be copied and stored with the Shared Services Organization.
- What is a case team?
A case team is a group of users who have lateral visibility of all cases created by all users in that team.
A case team cannot necessarily view all cases created under a specific department code, the team can only view what is created by members of that team.
- How do I create a case team?
A case team is created when a group of users request to view each other's cases. Case team members are essentially permanent watchers of all cases created by members of that team.
If your department has a need for a case team, please contact the Service Desk at 754-4772.
- I’m a Shared Services Organization client, when will I receive training on how to use the system?
- If you’ve used ServiceNow in the past six months, you should have received an email invitation to participate in system training by user group. If you’ve never used ServiceNow to submit a case, then you likely will not use AggieService to submit a case. Your department has designated users that submit and track cases on your behalf.
- Is AggieService easier to use than the former CMS?
- Yes! The AggieService user experience is much more intuitive. Users can more easily submit cases without having every field of information completed. For example, the old CMS required 42 fields before submission, while the new system only requires 18. The changes help to streamline and accelerate the process for users.
- I asked a question and haven’t gotten an answer, what do I do?
- Once you ask a question in AggieService, you receive an automatic email confirming that your question was received. Depending on the type of question you asked, the responsible unit on campus receives your inquiry and routes it to the appropriate person for an answer. If the response is taking longer than you expected, you can call the Service Desk to help track your inquiry. Each question that is submitted into the system automatically generates a tracking number, so we can track each question until it gets answered.
- I want to talk to a live person, can I do that instead?
- Sure - the AggieService community portal has an option to access phone numbers so you can speak with someone. That person may suggest you submit the question in the online AggieService form, or they may submit the question for you. But either way, the question is logged and given a tracking number to ensure it is resolved.
- How do I report a problem with the AggieService system itself?
- Contact AggieService@ucdavis.edu if you have any technical problems with the system. Critical problems are handled immediately. Other issues are brought to a monthly technical team to discuss and prioritize additional improvements to the system.
- Why AggieService and why now?
Not only does AggieService give us a “head start” on the UC Path implementation (UC Path is using Salesforce as its case management system), it also:
> Integrates with other campus systems like KFS, PeopleAdmin, PPS, Banner and Identity and Access Management.
> Provides transparent connections between central units, shared services teams (Campus SSO, DSS, and COE) and their customers.
> Simplifies the process to escalate concerns and/or work.
> Provides a level of visibility we’ve never had into where the work “is.”
> Provides us a method to better understand workload.
> Provides units with metrics and dashboards.
> Provides us with scalability, especially as the SSO continues to add additional clients across UC Davis.
> Replaces other systems currently used by the SSO, COE, and DSS and moves toward a common campus technology.
In addition, the system is intuitive and user friendly using point and click interfaces. If you haven’t had the opportunity to see how it works, you can check out these two example videos (below) that showcase the Salesforce technology upon which AggieService is built. The videos are not specific to the exact look and feel of our AggieService system, but they'll give you a broad picture of the capabilities we have available. (FYI, choosing the links below will take you to a YouTube page not sponsored by UCD).
Supporting Customer Service