Outstanding service organizations are exemplified by a well-conceived strategy for service, customer-oriented frontline people and customer-friendly systems.
Exceptional customer experiences are key to building an outstanding service organization. This certificate series
will help you design a system focused on creating an inclusive, welcoming environment that is service-
oriented for both internal and external customers in which the approach highlights the customer is
always valued. After completing the Customer Service Certificate Series, you will be able to:
1. Name key elements of customer service: building relationships, communicating effectively, and creating a service mind-set
2. Recognize how to successfully navigate customer needs
3. Apply strategies to build your personal effectiveness and improve customer satisfaction
Customer Service Certificate Completion: Course Requirements
Register in UC Learning Center
Participants who complete all courses in the series will receive a certificate of completion through UC Learning Center. More details on the courses included in the series are below.
- Customer Service Skills for Success
- This course is designed to help you develop the skills necessary to increase customer satisfaction through personalized phrases and actions. You will learn how to use effective word choice and actions and how to follow a four-step process for customer interactions. Additionally, you will gain an understanding of how service behaviors differ from service strategies and service systems. By the end of this course, you will be equipped with the tools and knowledge needed to provide exceptional customer service and improve customer satisfaction in your workplace.
- Empowering Excellent Customer Relations
- This course is designed to provide an overview of key communication styles and how varying communications styles apply to customer service interactions - specifically, emotionally charged situations. This course will also help you foster a collaborative relationship with customers, by empowering customers to share their knowledge of the situation, understand what customers’ needs are and work with instilling confidence and comfort with customers. You will gain the skills necessary to recognize your customers’ verbal and non-verbal cues, allowing you to diffuse an emotionally charged situation and provide excellent customer service. You will also learn to identify emotional intelligence through exploring different scenarios. These skills will equip you with the tools and knowledge needed to provide excellent customer service, specifically in emotionally charged customer interactions.
- Rapport Building in Customer Service (eCourse)
- Strong customer relationships are key to projecting service excellence. Building rapport is essential and requires knowing your customers, understanding their situations, and providing an empathetic ear for them to voice their concerns. In this course, you'll learn how to improve client service (CS) by building rapport with customers. It covers paying close attention to customer needs, connecting with the customer, and being positive. You'll also learn how to empathize with customers by relating your own experiences, reflecting their emotions back to them, and normalizing their difficulties.
- Enhancing Communication Through Listening (eCourse)
- Listening is one of the most important ways to ensure effective communication, yet it gets the least focus in a workplace. Listening plays a vital role in any collaborative environment because being able to listen well helps you understand other peoples' perspectives. In this course, you'll learn how to adopt some established best practices for more-focused and committed listening. You'll discover how to develop active listening skills and how to build trust with the power of attention and listening. You'll also learn to recognize the types of listening that help you better understand the messages you receive in different situations.
Customer Service Benchmark
Learning and Development