This toolkit provides resources for recruitment and selection, onboarding and ongoing performance management.
Recruitment and Selection Courses
It all begins with making a successful hire. Below are resources to prepare for a successful recruitment.
- UC Hiring for Success (e-learning)
- Employee Recruitment and Selection (Davis)
- Employee Selection and Interviewing Techniques (Sacramento)
- Employee Selection Review (Sacramento)
- Intercultural Recruitment and Selection (Davis)
Performance management is an ongoing process and regular communication with your employees is key. The discussion guides below are tools that may help you frame your discussions.
- Conducting Feedback Discussions Manager Guide
- Career Planning Questionnaire Manager Guide
- IDP Review Checklist Manager Guide
Individual Development Plan (IDP)
The IDP is a tool to help an employee organize and track professional development. IDPs provide a guide to align goals with specific knowledge, skills, or competencies.
UC Learning Center
The UC Learning Center, is the Learning Management System (LMS) for University of California employees. At UC Davis, it contains thousands of classroom-based and e-learning courses as well as other resources. Managers can use the LMS to assign training to their employees, monitor training assignment status, view transcripts, and identify recommended trainings for employee development and more. The guides below offer instructions for using the LMS for your own training (Learner Guide) and for managing the training of your employees (Manager Guide).