UC Davis Health Access Rules
- Employee organization representatives (EORs) may visit the facility at reasonable times and upon notice to the department manager to business matters.
- When conducting employee organization business at any location of the UC Davis Health, EORs must identify themselves as an employee representative and state the nature of their visit when requested.
- All individuals in the Hospital must have hospital-related reasons for being there and must identify those reasons when requested by hospital staff. When entering patient care areas to access break rooms, representatives must check in at the unit's front desk or manger.
- EORs may reasonably conduct employee organization business in non-work areas during the employee's non-work time. For the the purpose of these regulations only, meal and rest periods are not considered work-time.
- EORs are permitted in employee work areas only when:
- Employees are not on their work time, and
- The work area is appropriate for such business. Work areas deemed to be inappropriate and prohibited for such business, include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Patient care, clinical laboratories, and clinical areas;
- Academic areas while instruction, learning, counseling, or research are in progress;
- Research areas when the health, safety, or security of individuals or the research could be affected;
- EORs may be excluded from an otherwise appropriate work area if the supervisor makes available a facility which is in reasonable proximity to the work area.
- Demonstrations cannot impede the ingress or egress of people and vehicles to and from UC Davis Health property.
- Sidewalks must be kept available for normal pedestrian traffic at all times.
- Picketing and demonstrations are prohibited within 50 feet of all entrances and exits of UC Davis Health buildings in which patient care and/or treatment is provided.
- Picketing and demonstrations are prohibited within 25 feet of all entrances and exits of UC Davis Health buildings in which patient care and/or treatment is not provided.
- Drums, megaphones and/or other amplified noises or sounds shall not be permitted within 225 feet of the SES Pavilion, Main Hospital, ACC Building, and buildings that provide patient care, and all amplified sound must be facing away from the SES Pavilion and Main Hospital.
- Sidewalks and pathways around the exterior of the hospital (up to 25 feet from the building) are designated Quiet Zones. No chanting, amplified sound, banging drums, etc.
- Representatives of employee organizations may distribute leaflets, bulletins, or authorization cards to consenting employees in the following areas:
- Medical Center: parking lots, cafeteria & vending area, Main Pavilion entrances (at least 10 feet to the left or right of the doors).
- Employee organizations and their representatives may make reasonable use of bulletin boards designated for the use of specific employee organizations.
- The use of other bulletin boards by employee organizations and their representatives is prohibited at all times.
- No literature or other materials may be affixed at any time to facilities such as, but not limited to walls, ceilings, floors, light fixtures, doors, elevators, stairways, and automobiles parked in UC parking lots.
- Materials must be provided to the E&LR office at the time of posting. Posted materials must be dated and initialed by the union representative responsible for the posting unless mutually agreed upon and shall not remain posted for a period of more than thirty (30) calendar days.
- Materials posted in prohibited locations, as well as those that are incendiary, discriminatory in nature or that unduly call into question the Health System's ability to render quality services, will be removed. Organizations may be charged for the cost incurred in removal or repair of facilities.
- Reservations must be made in writing and will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests are made to the Dietary Department, using the "Cafeteria Table Reservation Request" form.
- The request must be submitted at least 7 days in advance, but not more than 30 calendar days.
- Tables are available between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Requests outside of this time frame but be submitted in writing to the E&LR Manager.