SSO processes requests for payment of various licensing, certification, and professional education assistance fees that are paid on behalf of an individual for a valid business reason.
- Certification testing fees (CPA exam fees, medical board costs, etc.)
- Individual licensing fees (drivers license, medical facility access licenses, water treatment operator license, etc.)
- Fingerprint tests
- Self-assessment examination fees for online testing
To submit Professional Certifications & Licenses for processing:
Create an OPP Payment/Refund Request and attach all required items.
In order to process the request, SSO needs the following:
- A brief explanation for the reason of the certification/license and how it benefits the University.
- An invoice or application that is filled out completely which includes the costs associated with the certification/license.
- Sharing login information and passwords is against UC Policy. If the item must be paid through a website login, the employee will need to pay out of pocket and ask for a reimbursement for this expense.
- If this has already been paid by the employee and wishes reimbursement for the out of pocket expense, please see: Accounts Payable - Employee Reimbursement.