Honoraria are for nominal payments to individuals (Not suppliers / businesses or UC Employees) for participation in a scholarly or academic event benefiting the mission of the University and in Accordance with PPM-380-76 (PDF).
Allowable activities include, but are not limited to:
- Special lecture of short series of lectures
- Conducting seminar or workshop of no more than 2 weeks
- Musical demonstration related to Music Department instruction
- Guest speaker
- Appraisal of manuscript for the University Press
- Non-professional medical actors
In order to process, SSC will need payment purpose, amount to pay the individual and a current remit to address.
To submit an Honorarium for processing:
Create an OPP Payment/Refund Request. Include the payment purpose and attach supporting documentation.
- For current UC Employees, a request must be submitted to SSC Payroll through AggieService.
- Must be paid to an individual, not a company.
- Cannot be a negotiated agreement for an amount for a service. If the service is negotiated, see Purchasing: Contracting Services.
- The Payee will be added to the KFS Vendor Table and Contracting Services will contact the vendor for a W-9 form before a payment can be processed. (This will cause a delay in processing the payment.)
- If supporting documentation is not available, please complete the Honoraria Payment Form
- The Honorariumcheck will be printed and mailed to the Payee's address on file the day after the event.