The Group Mentoring Program offers inclusive professional development activities.
Our UC Davis community has consistently expressed interest in mentoring as a professional career development tool, and the Talent Management and Development Center of Expertise is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2019 UC Davis Group Mentoring Program.
This is the fourth year of our Group Mentoring Program. This six-month program, held at the Davis and Sacramento locations, consists of approximately 32 hours, inclusive of professional development activities and estimated travel time. As with previous years, from across the UC Davis campuses, we anticipate great interest and participation in the Group Mentoring Program which is designed to promote a culture of leading by example and support professional development.
2019 Program Components and Timeline
Time commitment is approximately 32 hours over six months (inclusive of travel time).
*Denotes a large group meeting with both mentors and mentees
- Nov 8, 2018: Mentor and Mentee application period opens
- Dec 21, 2018: Application period closes
- Feb 28, 2019: Applicants will be notified of status
- Mar 27, 2019: Mentor orientation (Ticon lll Classroom, Sacramento)
- Apr 25, 2019: GMP Orientation (MIND Auditorium, Sacramento)*
- Jul 9, 2019: GMP Strengthsfinder Workshop (AGR Alumni Center, Davis)*
- Oct 3, 2019: GMP Culminating Session (MIND Auditorium, Sacramento)*
- 6 Small group mentoring meetings: Held once a month between April through October with dates and locations to be set by your small group. Can be held before or following a large group meeting.
- Mentee Criteria: Up to PSS Grade 5, Career status, and at least one year with UC Davis (Mentee application)
- Mentor Criteria: PSS Grade 5 and above, Career status, and at least one year with UC Davis (Mentor application)
- Contact Training and Development | HS-T-D@ucdavis.edu | 916-734-2676