The UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development is an experiential program designed to cultivate connections across the UC
All UC Davis and UC Davis Health employees are eligible
The Ideal Participant:
- Is a mid-career woman employee - academic or staff - or supports women professionals.
- Has demonstrated potential for advancement or career growth, though this is not a focused management development program.
- Supports women professionals at UC Davis and seeks to learn concepts that improve their effectiveness at work.
- Understands this is not a management development program.
Participants will strengthen skills and confidence through hands-on practice with a range of tools, that could be applied to leadership roles, including:
- Self-awareness and reflection
- Professional development and impact
- Strategic relationship building
- Developing and delivering a compelling narrative regarding one’s professional accomplishments and vision
- Negotiating for yourself at work
Participants are selected from across UC Davis Campus and Health through a nomination process and then attend one of the three northern California cohorts. Scheduling of the selected participants into cohorts will be coordinated by UC Office of the President.
- The $1,250 registration fee for each participant will be paid by the Office of the Chancellor.
- Time Commitment: Each cohort is made up of four sessions. The first and last sessions are each one and a half days, the remaining sessions are one day each.
- Timeline: Multiple cohorts will be scheduled during the 2023-24 academic year to accommodate participants' schedules.
UCWI is administered by Systemwide Talent Management and sponsored by the President's Office and the Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW).
- More information about the program can be found here.