We're committed to systematically reviewing and evaluating compensation for our non-represented staff. The Equity Program is another important component of the salary program for non-represented staff.
In general, the purpose of the Equity Program is to provide consideration to salary administration problems resulting from external labor market pressures, internal salary compaction, increased duties that do not warrant a reclassification, or a significant salary lag to comparable internal positions.
This is achieved through:
- The annual equity review process which provides an opportunity for departments to consider equity issues holistically, reviewing non-represented employees at the same time, and
- On a more limited basis, off-cycle equity increases which are mostly intended to address immediate employee retention requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for UC Davis Equity Program:
- Employee status is non-represented Manager and Senior Professional Staff (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS)*.
- Employee must be on active pay status.
- Employee status is career, per diem or probationary. Not eligible are contract, limited or floater positions.
*Equity adjustment requests for union represented staff requires the involvement of Employee and Labor Relations, due to collective bargaining agreements.
Equity Program Guidelines are to be used in conjunction with University of California Policy PPSM-30: Compensation
Details about the Equity Program can be found in the UC Davis Equity Program Guidebook
To speak with a Compensation Analyst regarding an equity adjustment, please call (530) 752-5311 on the Davis Campus or (916) 734-5009 at UC Davis Health.