Active listening lessens the potential of violence.
Key active listening skills include:
- Paying attention and withholding judgement
- Using open body language
- Expressing empathy
- Summarizing what you hear
To learn more about active listening and other verbal de-escalation skills, join the Workplace Violence Prevention Program for a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® Training. More information at Training & Preventing Workplace Violence.
Workplace Violence Prevention Program
- Reporting Workplace Violence
- Training & Preventing Workplace Violence
- Resources & Support
- About Workplace Violence & Tools
Contact the Workplace Violence Prevention Unit: