The UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program is a nationally recognized university/employee lactation program.
This program is built upon the bedrock of several levels of policy: national, state, University of California, and UC Davis.
Please read our "Guidelines for Lactation Accommodation" which summarizes UC Davis and UC Davis Medical Center policies and guidelines for employees and supervisors. Managers and supervisors can access a general list of buildings (Davis / UC Davis Health) with lactation rooms and manager/supervisor responsibilities to determine if an employee has a lactation space nearby. Room users should have a contingency plan in place for non-business hours and/or circumstances beyond University control that restrict access to sites. Only registered participants have room numbers and access codes to the rooms for health, safety, and legal reasons.
- UC Davis Lactation Accommodation Policy
- UC Davis Health Lactation Accommodation Policy
- University of California Accommodations for Nursing Mothers
- State of California Breastfeeding Laws
- University of California: What to do if You're Having A Baby
- UC Davis Maternity Benefits
- Fair Employment and Housing Rights and Obligations
- Pregnancy, Newborn Child and Adopted Child Fact Sheet
UC Davis Resources
- HR Representative: Michelle Younger, Benefits Analyst | email@example.com
- Upcoming UC Davis Staff Development and Professional Services Course on Maternity Benefits
UC Davis Health, Sacramento Resources
- HR Representative: Evelyn McCleer Goodman, Leaves Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pregnancy Leave Workshop
Health Insurance Plans:
Under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance plans must provide breastfeeding support, counseling, and equipment for the duration of breastfeeding. These services may be provided before and after birth. Your health insurance plan must cover the cost of a breast pump, either a rental unit or a new one you'll keep. Your plan may have guidelines on whether the covered pump is manual or electric, the length of the rental, and when you'll receive it. Please contact your Health Insurance Provider for your specific benefits: