UC Davis offers lactation consultants to help manage breastfeeding issues and complications associated with lactation
Davis Campus Location:
Shirley German, IBCLC, RLC
Shirley is an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and a Registered Lactation Consultant with the International Lactation Consultant Association, a worldwide network of lactation professionals. She provides private lactation consults on lactation, breastfeeding and returning to work/school, education & support, and provides program development & evaluation for the UC Davis Breastfeeding Support Program on the Davis campus.
Shirley also provides outpatient lactation support and education for the UC Davis Medical Group in Davis, and is one of the lactation consultants associated with the various lactation studies conducted by the UC Davis, Foods For Health Institute. Shirley is interested in the advancement of a global continuum of care plan for professional outpatient lactation/breastfeeding support; the relationship & importance of breastfeeding to the development of the human gut; and further increasing the exclusivity and duration of breastfeeding beyond hospital discharge.
- Hubert Heitman Staff Learning Center in Davis
- Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month from 9:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Friday of the month from 9:30 a.m.–11:30. a.m.
She can also make arrangements individually if these times do not work for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
- Shirley German has standing private consult hours at UC Davis Health the second Friday of each month from 11:00-12:30. You must make an appointment in advance by emailing email@example.com at least 48 hours beforehand. These consult hours are arranged between the hours of 11:00-12:30 pm in the Ticon III 3A Conference room. You must schedule by the Wednesday morning before that Friday. 2019 dates are: January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12, September 13, October 11, November 8, December 13.
- For Sacramento-based members with time sensitive concerns, you may also contact the hospital Lactation Consultant who partner with the Breastfeeding Support Program.
Contact: | Tower 3 at 916-734-2866, please leave a message for the Lactation Consultant of the day.
Debbie Albert, BSN, PhD, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org
Katte Smith, IBCLC email@example.com
Audrey Tullius, IBCLC firstname.lastname@example.org