With our troops on the ground in Iraq, media reports of casualties and international political tension, many of us may feel additional stress and anxiety.
The following resources are aimed to help cope with these uncertain times:
- Helping Our Children Deal With War
- Dealing with War-Related Stress
- Coping with War and Terrorism: Tips for the Workplace
Additional Web Resources
- America’s Heroes at Work
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (800) VET-HELP
- U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- Vietnam Veterans of America (800) VVA-1316
- VVA’S Guide on PTSD
Service Office Contacts
- Outpatient Clinic at Mather 916-366-5324
- Sacramento County Veterans Service Office 916-874-6811
- State Dept. of Veterans Affairs (800) 952-5626
Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) offers confidential, cost-free assessment, counseling, consultation and referral services to all UC Davis Health System faculty, staff, and their family members. Whether the problem is work-related, personal, career or relationship focused, ASAP can assist you in evaluating and resolving the problem.
You can call ASAP at 916-734-2727 for an appointment.