The dramatic increase in the use of Zoom for meetings and presentations had an unwelcome side effect -“Zoombombing” or Zoom “crashing”.
Secure Your Meetings!
Top-5 Zoom Security Recommendations:
- Don’t post unsecured meeting links on webpages
- Require Registration and Password to control who enters your meeting
- Turn off Join Before Host so crashers can’t join before you
- Disable Screen Sharing and Annotation for participants
- Read the Zoom guide below
Detailed Guide – Before, During & After Your Meeting
This guide will help Zoom hosts set up a meeting and run a secure event, including tips for:
- Private Meetings & Events:
- You know who all your participants will be
- You are not promoting widely
- You plan to encourage participant engagement (e.g., talking, chatting, screen/video sharing)
- Public Events & Presentations:
- You don’t entirely know who’s coming
- You have promoted widely and posted meeting details online
- You will not be encouraging participant engagement (e.g., talking, chatting, screen/video sharing)
- Dealing With a Zoombomber - use controls in Zoom to help you disable functions quickly.