According to the revised UC Flu Vaccination Executive Order, all employees and students who will be accessing any UC Davis facility during the 2020-21 influenza season are required to receive and report their flu vaccination by Nov. 1.
This mandate applies to those who will be living, learning or working on campus. However, all members of the campus community - and their families - are strongly encouraged to get the flu vaccination.
Those who have not received and reported their flu vaccination may not enter UC Davis facilities beginning Nov. 1.
UC Davis Health employees - flu shot clinics, verification of flu shot and exemption request process are on the UC Davis Health webpage
Self-Reporting Flu Vaccination
Beginning Oct. 16, the Daily Symptom Survey will include new questions for all affiliates about when and where they received their flu vaccination. Though the Daily Symptom Survey is only required to be completed by those entering campus facilities, it is presently the mechanism for self-reporting that an employee or student has fulfilled their flu vaccine mandate.
- Between Oct. 16 and Nov. 1, please visit the Daily Symptom Survey at symptomsurvey.ucdavis.edu to report your flu vaccination.
- Self-report your flu vaccination once in the Daily Symptom Survey – not every day – but make sure you complete the entire survey (symptom questions too) or your responses will not be recorded.
Flu Vaccine Exemptions
For those employees who cannot or do not wish to receive a flu vaccine for medical, disability, or religious reasons, they may request an exemption and accommodation. The Flu Shot Exemption page on the HR website explains how employees may request a flu vaccine exemption and the review/approval process that follows. If you intend to request an exemption, please do so immediately. Those without an exemption and accommodation by Nov. 1 will not be allowed entry to UC Davis facilities, until they fulfill the flu vaccine mandate.
1. Get a flu vaccination and remind your colleagues/employees to do the same
- Flu vaccinations are mandated for all affiliates who may enter campus facilities during the 2020-21 flu season
- Free flu vaccinations are available for employees at on-campus Flu Clinics through Oct. 30
2. Self-report your flu vaccination through the Daily Symptom Survey beginning Oct. 16
- Whether an employee is entering a facility that day or won’t return to campus for weeks, the Daily Symptom Survey is the tool for self-reporting flu vaccinations
- Data from self-reported flu vaccinations will be available to Human Resources and Academic Affairs via COGNOS reports
3. Read about the medical/religious exemptions to the UC flu vaccine mandate
- Employees who require an exemption (medical, disability or religious) from the flu shot mandate should first talk with their supervisor
- Individuals with an approved flu vaccination exemption can self-report it via the Daily Symptom Survey beginning Nov. 1
Webpages and Online Resources
- HR’s flu shot exemption webpage
- Campus Ready flu vaccination and flu clinic webpage
- University of California systemwide executive order on flu vaccines
- University of California flu vaccine FAQ for employees