When UCDH Legacy Peoplesoft 8.8 is retired, employees and supervisors will no longer be able to access historical ePerformance appraisals via that system.
With the implementation of UCPath in late 2019, staff are now completing all performance appraisals in UCPath ePerformance, but no historical ePerformance data was migrated into UCPath.
Between now and October 9, 2020 staff who have performance documents (e.g., annual/probationary evaluations, CEMRP) in the legacy system can save the documents by following our simple Guide for Printing an ePerformance Document, which explains how to save an electronic (PDF) copy or print a paper copy. The function works best in Internet Explorer or Chrome.
Supervisors of staff without computer access should offer to assist their staff with downloading/printing any needed documents.
After October 10, 2020, employees can still request a digital copy of their historical performance documents from the legacy system, and supervisors can request documents for their direct reports, by submitting an AggieService ticket via aggieservice.ucdavis.edu.
Important Notes About Requesting ePerformance Documents:
- It will take approximately 2 weeks to process requests for performance documents
- Requests for performance documents WILL NOT be processed between Oct. 10 and late November, unless there is an exceptional need.
Human Resources will retain access to historical performance data for:
- Information requests
- Supervisor review prior to job offer
- ELR needs
Resources & Help
- Download the Guide for Printing an ePerformance Document
- Watch video tutorials for printing an ePerformance document using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
- Download printable flyer announcing the change, for anyone who may not have ready access to email.
- Please contact IT Help Desk at 916-734-HELP with questions