Either the employee or supervisor may initiate a flexible work arrangements.
Just a few helpful reminders and rules:
- Proposals for FWAs should focus on results, predictability, reciprocity and how the work will be accomplished without negative impact on co-workers and customers.
- Agreements should demonstrate maximum flexibility.
- Individuals should not be subject to advantages or disadvantages based on the mode of work that they arrange in coordination with their supervisors and managers.
- Managers and supervisors are not obligated to grant requests and some units may not be suited to FWAs.
During the COVID pandemic, work should be performed remotely to the fullest extent possible.
Temporary Work Plans
- Davis Campus - Temporary Flexible Work Agreement (.pdf)
- UC Davis Health - the supervisor and employee submit a Flexible Work Arrangement Form (.pdf) to their Employee Relations Consultant for approval.