BEST Rewards is a on-line system that can be used to recognize and reward UC Davis Health employees who provide exceptional service.
BEST allow all levels of PSS and Union Represented UCDH staff to publicly recognize colleagues who go above and beyond in an equitable, instantaneous and reportable fashion. BEST REWARDS is easily accessed through a Button Link on The Insider:
- What is BEST Rewards?
- BEST Rewards is an on-line system that can be used to recognize and reward UC Davis Health employees who provide exceptional service. You can recognize a fellow employee two ways:
- Excellence (monetary)
- Thank You (non-monetary)
A monetary recognition delivers a Thank You with an associated $25.00 e-gift card where the recipient selects the brand store of their choice for redemption. Or one can send a simple non-monetary e-Thank You that can be printed out and presented directly to employees as well. Per tax regulations, employees can only receive a total of three ($75.00 limit) monetary (Excellence) BEST Rewards per year, so after those are granted, the non-monetary Thank You is recommended.For retirement, managers can initiate a request for a retirement gift card though BEST Rewards or through their own gift card account if applicable (SOM has their own).
- What is the Criteria for BEST?
- *To promote BEST behaviors by recognizing employees who model them
*To allow all levels of PSS and Union Represented staff to publicly recognize colleagues who go above and beyond in an equitable, instantaneous and reportable fashion
*To make exceptional patient-centered behaviors contagious
*To allow managers to provide instantaneous monetary and non-monetary rewards to deserving employees
- How do I use the BEST Program for Recognition?
- Click on the “BEST Rewards” button on the UC Davis Health’s Insider home page. During your first visit, you will have the opportunity to set your privacy settings (indicating whether you want your recognitions streamed or shared online with others) and set up your personal profile.
- What criteria are used to determine the level of recognition to give?
- You will have an opportunity to recognize an employee with a non-monetary (“Thank You”) or monetary (“Excellence”) award. Monetary awards come in $25 card denominations. (Because the cost of monetary awards are billed to the “gifting” department, a manager’s approval will be required during the online submission process.)
- Who is eligible to participate in the UC Davis Health Employee Recognition Program?
- All UC Health PSS and Union Represented staff employees are eligible to participate – both to submit rewards and to receive them.
- Is faculty and academic staff eligible to participate in the UC Davis Health Employee Recognition monetary program?
- No. Faculty and academic staff are only eligible for the non-monetary rewards.
- Who sees the reward data once it’s submitted?
- Recognitions will be posted to the BEST Rewards home page. Managers will also receive a monthly summary of recognitions for their employees, as will the Office of Patient Experience, the Value Construct Huddle and the Patient Experience Steering Committee.
Gift Certificate Information
- How would I receive a reward?
- Rewards are delivered via e-certificate in an email or from your manager. Employees without an email address will be presented with a printed recognition e-certificate. If recognition is monetary, the e- certificate will include a gift certificate code that may be redeemed through the employee recognition website.
- How do I redeem my gift certificate award?
- A recognition e-certificate displays a gift certificate code that is stored in the website. Click on “Redeem Reward” on the BEST Rewards website and input your code to shop online or to order a gift card to shop in-store at a selection of retail locations. If you do not have internet access, you may also order gift cards by calling the toll-free number listed on your certificate.
- What is the most an employee can receive under the UC Davis Health Employee Recognition program?
- Employees may receive a maximum of $75 per year, per IRS regulations and UC Policy. There is no limit to the number of non-monetary “Thank You” awards an employee may receive.
- Can I combine multiple gift certificate codes to use towards one gift card or online purchase?
- Yes - you can combine multiple gift certificate codes for one gift card or online purchase by clicking on “Help” and selecting “Combine Certificates.”
- How do I check my gift card balance?
- You can check your gift card balance in the website by clicking on “Help,” selecting “Check Balance,” and then entering your gift card number(s).
- Who pays for the monetary awards given?
- Each department has a budget allocated to employee recognition provided by Human Resources. The cost of the gift cards or certificates is paid by the nominating department. For this reason, employees nominating their colleagues for monetary “Excellence” awards must obtain their managers’ approval.
Website Technical Issues
- What do I do if I was told I was sent an award but did not receive one?
- If you believe that you have not received an award that was sent to you, please contact your manager.
- Who do I call if I have technical difficulties with the website?
- You can find email and phone support information under the “Help” tab on the BEST Rewards homepage or by calling 877-922-4483.
Need Help? Contact Ben Gamez, Employee Recognition Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 916 734-3068.