The Shared Services Center Human Resources Unit coordinates employee leaves of absence, including administrative and medical leaves.
The Leaves Team facilitates the leave process by providing the supervisor and employee appropriate information and forms in accordance with the University’s leave policies, and ensuring the employee on leave receives proper pay during the leave.
We assist divisions supported by the SSO with the following leaves of absence:
- Employee's own serious health condition
- Pregnancy Disability leave
- Parental Bonding
- Family member's serious health condition
- Military leave
- Personal leave
- Administrative leave
- Workers' Compensation leave
Report a new leave of absence:
- Submit an "Ask a Question" in Aggie Service.
- The SSO Leaves team specialist assigned to the case will then contact the supervisor and, as appropriate, the staff member to provide appropriate information/forms and to coordinate the leave process.
UC Disability Benefits publication:
- Guide to filing a disability claim with Liberty Mutual (PDF)
- Your Guide to UC Disability Benefits (PDF)
- Family and Medical Leave Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Leave Without Pay (PDF)
- Pregnancy, Newborn Child and Adopted Child (PDF)
- Family Changes (PDF)
- Enrollment, change, cancellation or opt out – employees only (PDF)
Employee Benefits material on disability
Campus resources for a leave of absence
- UC Davis Employee Benefits Office
Customer Service hours: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Please note: the Human Resources Administration Building is closed during the noon hour
Phone: (530) 752-1774
Fax: (530) 752-1993
- UC Davis Disability Management Services (PDF)
- UC Davis Employee & Labor Relations (PDF)
- Workers’ Compensation