Leaves Coordination Services
- Provide direction regarding leaves request via phone, email and in person.
- Coordinate with the Workers’ Compensation office during employee industrial leaves.
- Coordinate with DMS (Disability Management Services) for industrial and non-industrial leave.
- Coordinate with SSC payroll to ensure employees are placed in paid/unpaid status during the employee’s absence.
- Verify Leaves eligibility based on leave type.
- Timesheet calculations during employees’ leave (paper and electronic)
- Enter, manage and approve (as supervisor) the employee's time sheet during the employees’ leave
- Coordinate, compile, and apply Catastrophic Leave donations
- Enter Academic Leaves in “Forms On-Line”
- Complete the Departmental Notice of Short Term Disability.
- Provide the Benefits office with the completed Staff Leave Request for Benefit continuation.
- Answer basic Liberty Mutual questions in regards to employee’s leave and provide resources where needed.
Department Personnel Leave File Management
- Manage all documents for employees’ file while on leave. Once complete, place in secure location.
- Suspend any existing leaves of absence during a furlough.
- Coordinate with the department to ensure the employees are not paid during an employee’s furlough.
- Provide Central Benefits office and (E&LR) Employee and Labor Relations with appropriate forms during furlough.
- Coordinate with Workers’ Compensation office in regards to all industrial leaves for employees that are not accommodated or off duty due to industrial injury.
- Adjust leave as instructed by Workers’ Compensation during the leave.
- Complete Medical Separation form questions as requested by (DMS) Disability Management Services.
Report a new leave of absence:
- Submit a "Case" in Aggie Service. (This can be processed by the employee, the supervisor or the department ‘point of contact’)
- Complete the fields making sure to include:
- Reason for leave: employee’s own serious health condition, family members serious health condition, pregnancy disability, baby bonding, personal, etc
- Type of leave: block, intermittent or reduced schedule
- Approximate beginning and end dates
- Any additional pertinent information
- The SSO Leaves team specialist assigned to the case will then coordinate the leave process, provide appropriate information/forms, and contact the supervisor and staff member as appropriate.
- Timely submission of documents and supervisor approval allows the leave specialist to meet Federal guidelines.