In an environment of increasingly continuous change, effective leaders and organizations must be agile in order to ensure sustainable current change efforts while planning for future changes.
We recognize that universities and academic medical centers have unique needs when introducing and implementing change. We also recognize that the appropriate diagnosis is vital for ensuring that the intervention addresses the heart of the need for change and not just a symptom. We integrate multiple evidence-based approaches to our change efforts to create the right formula for each client.
We help our clients create awareness for the need for change, engage sponsor support, share knowledge of the steps needed for change, and partner with each leader and each organization to create an inclusive plan that strives to engage all impacted members of the unit or organization.
Depth of Experience
Our experienced change consultants manage large, systemwide changes, individual unit changes and everything in between. We serve academic, clinical and administrative units. Our team members bring diverse backgrounds to client change needs, which helps us see changes and potential challenges from multiple perspectives.
Each of our change consultants is a certified Prosci® change management practitioner. Change activities are further supported by our Prosci document license that permits the university access to all of its resources, reports, white papers, etc.
Change is rarely linear and often messy. Yet, leaders who have engaged OE for assistance with change consulting and change management experience provide:
- More transparent change
- Early & regular communication through the process that quelled some resistance
- A greater sense of control and a clear pathway through the process
- Support through the change process
- Post-change strategies to assist with transition and socialize change
Our Change Services Include:
- General Consultation
- Readiness to Change Evaluation
- Change Process Planning & Consultation
- Predicting and Managing Resistance
- Change Communication Planning
- Sponsor and leader Coaching
- Engagement of Constituents
- Change Management planning and implementation
- Leading Others through Organizational Change
- Post Change Strategies to Socialize Change
Change Learning and Development
Our consultants develop and facilitate custom programs and engage as instructors for related change programs sponsored by UCD Staff Development. Our offerings include:
- Overcoming Resistance to Change Facilitation
- Customized Change Management training
Change Community of Practice:
Supporting the UC Davis Change Community
OE’s change consultants also administer and facilitate the UC Davis Change Community of Practice, which is dedicated to expanding awareness and knowledge of known and innovative approaches to change in the academic and teaching hospital environments. The Change Community of Practice is open to change leaders and practitioners on both campuses. We provide education and a space for peer interaction related to change initiatives at any stage. To learn more or to join our community, please contact Vicky Tibbs.