Staff Experience Survey Results
I’d like to thank all 4,778 Davis campus staff who took the Staff Experience Survey in April.
We increased our response rate to 64 percent (compared to 60 percent in 2020) and your participation triggered almost $13,000 in contributions to the Staff Emergency Fund.
Your feedback helped identify some strengths that UC Davis can keep building on and we should be very proud that staff:
- Have a strong sense of purpose in their work.
- Feel their current roles fit their strengths.
- Are satisfied with the flexibility (e.g., flexible schedule, hybrid/remote work) provided by their department.
At the same time, the campus’s overall engagement score is 73, which is slightly lower than in 2020. While our survey administrator, Glint, indicated engagement scores are lower at most organizations nationwide, we can take actions to improve the staff experience working at UC Davis.
Beginning immediately, each area should begin sharing the overall campus results as well as results specific to each school, college and division. A lot of the work necessary to improve staff engagement happens at the team and department level. Our Staff Experience Advisory Group is using survey data to work on campuswide issues, and will be sharing progress.
In the meantime, you can find more information about the Staff Experience Survey, survey results for 2022 and the importance of staff engagement at hr.ucdavis.edu/staffengagement
For Supervisors and Managers
- All supervisors and managers can now access their results dashboard, which will present data in keeping with confidentiality thresholds (i.e., you need at least 5 responses to see results).
- Attend a webinar to learn more about accessing results and taking action on feedback. Thursday, May 26 | 10 – 11 a.m.
Register via Zoom
Again, my thanks to each of you who shared your experience as a UC Davis staff member and for your interest in making UC Davis an even better place to work.
Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com
Gary S. May
UC Davis Chancellor