The University of California, Davis is committed to creating a healthy and supportive environment for each employee and administering all policies fairly and equitably. It is the policy of the University to minimize layoffs by considering staffing reductions only after other creative solutions have been reviewed.
If you have any questions about these resources or need more information, please contact your Employee Relations Consultant. For a printable list of key resources, see this guide.
Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP)
For personal or work related counseling and referrals call ASAP or visit the ASAP website.
Davis Campus employees: (530) 752-2727
Health Campus employees: (916) 734-2727
Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee & Labor Relations Representatives: Davis Campus | Health Campus
- Unemployment insurance information: www.edd.ca.gov
- Preferential rehire and recall rights (for represented employees only)
Severance election (for represented employees only) must be made within 14 days of receipt of election form (attached to layoff notice)
- Policy/collective bargaining agreement
- Health insurance continuation and retirement options.
- What to do if you're being laid off
- UC Davis Benefits Office: 530-752-1774
Employment Opportunities at UC Davis
- Search for open positions at UC Davis: hr.ucdavis.edu/careers
- Learn about Temporary Employment options here.
- Represented employees have preferential rehire and recall rights .