Evolving into the New Normal of Work-life Recorded Webinar
Other recommended videos for Child Care during COVID
- Three Steps to Manage Work, Life, and Kids--CNN Segment and article discussing how to talk with your manager about your needs during COVID.
- Watch an on-demand overview of the Bright Horizons Back-up Care and Additional Family Supports program available to most UC Davis employees
- Watch a video on how to set up an account and post jobs on Handshake https://www.powtoon.com/c/cn8zrifrotP/1/m.
Worklife Monthly Happenings
- Winter 2021
- Fall 2020
- Special COVID communication: Vacation Edition
- Special COVID communication: Parents Edition
- Summer 2020
- Spring 2020
- Winter 2020
- Fall 2019
WorkLife for Managers and Supervisors Newsletters
Breastfeeding Support Program Newsletters
- Yoga Stretches for Neck Pain and Text Neck: 15-minute office break-time stretching video.
- Aggie Movement Breaks are simple, stand up from your desk stretches to help your body get through a day of sitting at a screen. Consider bookmarking the three shorts as your daily intentional self care routine. The breaks are led by Living Well instructors, don’t use equipment, are aimed at all levels of experience and the library intends to grow.
- Chair Workout for Legs: 10-minutes workout for leg.
- Late Sleeper? Blame your genes
- The Best Free Yoga Videos for Beginners
- Guided Awe Walk Meditation: Refocus and relax in just 4 minutes.
- Introduction to Shinrin-Yoku: Learn about the art of Japanese Forest Bathing in 2.5 minutes.
- Is Your Workplace Killing You? Jeffrey Pfeffer, Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Work, Family & Health Network: A Better Way to Work: Findings from a pilot study.
Ted Talks: (Under 20 Minutes Each):
- Why we all Need to Practice Emotional First Aid: Why we should practice emotional hygiene.
- Tiny Habits: Behavior change starts with baby steps
- How to Make Work-Life Balance Work: 10 minutes from Nigel Marsh
- How to Live to Be 100+: Dan Buettner's study of Blue Zones
- The Surprising Science of Happiness: Dan Gilbert
- Can We "Have it All"?: Anne-Marie Slaughter
UC Learning Management System:
Cut and paste name in search box
- Achieve Productivity in your Personal Life (20 minutes)
- Avoid Procrastination by Getting Organized Instead (22 minutes)
- Developing Character for Perseverance and Resilience (60 minutes)
- Essentials of Anger Management (24 minutes)
- Prioritizing Personal and Professional Responsibilities (6 minutes)
- Staying Balanced in a Shifting World (15 minutes)
- Take a Deep Breath and Manage your Stress (22 minutes)
- Telecommuting Basics: Maximizing Productivity as a Remote Employee (60 minutes)
LMS Manager-specific videos:
- Creating and Maintaining a Positive Work Environment (60 minutes)
- Employee Exhaustion: Managing a Well-balanced Workload (6 minutes)
- Managing Workplace Stress (6 minutes)
- U Penn Wharton School of Business - Work and Life Weekly Podcasts with Stew Friedman