Aligning people, processes and technology
Serving UC Davis and UC Davis Health, Workforce Strategies' diverse portfolio ranges from systems administration to staff experience, all with the goal to align people, processes and technology. Key efforts the launch of the inaugural Davis campus-wide Staff Experience Survey and UCD-wide survey of exiting staff, enhancement to the Catastrophic Leave Sharing Program to enable vacation to be donated to a general pool to assist more employees in need, creation of the Temporary Opportunities for Work (TOW) program to reassign Davis campus staff in need of work due to the impacts of COVID-19 and co-leading the Workplace Reimagined initiative to sustain flexible work arrangements to meet university and staff objectives going forward.
What We Do:
Human Resources Applications Team
The HR Applications (firstname.lastname@example.org) team serves as the local system administrators for the UCPath Human Resources modules (Talent Acquisition Management (TAM), ePerformance, Benefits, Absence Management, Workforce Administration):
- Troubleshooting issues or answering questions about the HR modules
- Consulting with customers about making configuration changes,
- Creating template appraisal documents in ePerformance,
- Conducting trainings and creating web resources,
- Implementing mass wage increases in coordination with central teams,
- Escalating unresolved issues, defects and change requests to systemwide IT teams.
The HR Applications Team serves both Davis and Sacramento campuses:
- Susan McCutcheon, Manager
- Alex Vela, Business Systems Analyst
- Allyanna Pittman, Business Systems Analyst
- Jordan Kwong, Business Systems Analyst
- Justin Johnsen, Information Systems Analyst
- Kristina De Leon, Business Systems Analyst
- Matt Matuszak, Business Systems Analyst
- Natasha Coulter, Training Lead
- Valerie Orick, Business Systems Analyst
How to Request Cognos Reports or Security Roles for Elevated Access to UCPath:
To request access to Cognos reports or UCPath security roles, please contact your Security Liaison and requests are submitted via an online request form.
Cognos reports are developed and managed by Administrative IT, BI Team. To inquire about Cognos functionality, data issues or request a new or modified Cognos report, please contact Admin IT at email@example.com.
Human Resources Information Systems team
The HRIS team has recently shifted its focus to develop and maintain dashboards and other tools to support people analytics for both Davis and Sacramento campuses. The team consists of:
- Bill Gregory, Manager
- Archana Hedaoo, Information Systems Analyst
- Laura Robison, Information Systems Analyst
- Karena Samuel, Information Systems Analyst
Workforce Optimization team
The Workforce Optimization team manages projects and programs that align people, processes and technology on both the Davis and Sacramento campuses. Projects often involve partnership with teams within Human Resources and other university offices. Key recent projects include: Upgrade and expansion of PeopleAdmin (staff position descriptions and classifications), Expanded Catastrophic Leave Sharing Program, Established the Temporary Opportunities for Work (TOW) in response to COVID-19, Launched Staff Experience Survey and Exit Surveys. The team consists of:
- Jacob Miller, Manager
- Randa Wilbur, Organizational Change Management Lead
- Daniel Barron, Technical Project Management Professional
- Stacey Bianco, Business Systems Analyst
We oversee the review and administration of UC Davis and UC Davis Health policies and procedures concerning staff personnel subjects, such as the local UC Davis procedures to the UC systemwide Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) and Section 380 (Personnel) of the UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM). Employee Relations Consultants provide day-to-day guidance to supervisors and employees about personnel policies and procedures.
To comment on or suggest changes to personnel policies and procedures, contact Lindsey Tenhunfeld, Policy Administrator & Program Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Background Checks
We manage the criminal background check program at UC Davis and UC Davis Health for staff employees, volunteers and some other roles, such as student externs at UC Davis Health. More information about the criminal background check program is available on the HR website. Job applicants and employees undergo background checks who have questions, should direct inquires to the HR staff member who has been contact with them. For programmatic inquiries, contact the Background Check Administrator, at email@example.com.
Internal HR Operations
The team performs operational functions within Human Resources, including purchasing and account coordination, space allocation, internal management of HR facilities in Davis and Sacramento, assisting with onboarding of new HR team members, and much, much more. The team consists of:
- Mao Lee, Supervisor (Davis and Sacramento)
- Camille Silva, Administrative Assistant 3 at Cousteau, Suite 100 in Davis
- Cris Horgan, HR Generalist at HR Administrative Building in Davis
- Laura Leming, Administrative Officer 2 at Ticon III Building in Sacramento
- Vacant, Administrative Assistant 3 at Ticon III Building in Sacramento