Effective July 16, 2021, the Vacancy Management Committee approval process has ended.
Vacancy Management Program Update
"We will modify our approach towards executive oversight of workforce management and growth to sustain our strategic and financial objectives."
There is no longer a requirement for a second approval to move forward with the posting of new and replacement positions at UC Davis Health.
- Departments should continue to follow their internal management approval and Human Resources planning process
Principles for departments to follow for internal management approval of vacancies:
- Ensure a strategic and consistent approach to departmental human resources planning and responsible financial stewardship
- Regulatory requirements
- Process improvements and efforts to adjust work for efficiency purposes
- Alignment with UCDH strategic plan and direction
- Compliance with collective bargaining agreements
- Strategic use of resources
Template for Vacancy Review
Departments may wish to customize the Vacancy Request Form for their own internal purposes.