The Background Check policy applies to employees in positions that are designed as critical. These can include career, limited appointment, contract and casual-restricted (student assistant) employees.
The program applies to:
- All represented and non-represented staff in the Senior Managers (SMG), Managers and Senior Professionals (MSP) and Professional and Support Staff (PSS) programs.
- Student Employees assigned to critical duties.
- All positions, staff, students and/or academic requiring controlled substance clearance.
- All volunteers without exceptions.
The Campus Police Department administers a separate background check process for Police Officers, Public Safety Dispatchers and Aggie Service Students
Fees and Appointments
Fees for Live Scan services are covered by the Common Goods Assessments for all UC Davis campus and School of Medicine applicants.
Background check rates for UC Davis Health:
- Staff: $103
- Student (casual-restricted undergraduate student employees): $86
To schedule a Live Scan appointment:
- Call 530-752-6859
- Visit Live Scan Campus Background Check Services (UC Davis Police)
Procedures and Forms
- Background Check Program Guidelines
- Background Check (Non-Academic Staff Employee): Subsequent Arrest Notification Process
- Background Checks and Staff Recruitments
- Background Check Conditional Offer of Employment Letters
- Background Check Authorizations Forms
- Department Authorization Form
- Applicant Authorization to Release Information Form
- Request for Ink Cards Form (NRC Irradiated Substance Access)
- Background Check Determination Worksheet
- Background Check Memo for Hiring Authorities