Medical surveillance is required for select positions to protect employees from possible work-related health problems and to protect the university from liability issues.
It is the department's responsibility to ensure an assessment/review by Occupational Health Services for medical monitoring purposes is completed prior to the start date for a new hire. Please contact your Employment Consultant/Recruiter if you have questions about the classifications identified for medical monitoring.
- Identifies the position requiring medical surveillance/medical monitoring program participation based on specific job classifications.
- Request/Authorization for Medical Services Form from Occupational Health.
- Include the following statement under the "Work Environment" section of the position description in the PeopleAdmin system: "This position is subject to Medical Surveillance procedures and review in accordance with Federal and State Laws and Regulations and University Policy."
- Upon selection, department schedules individual for medical monitoring assessment with Occupational Health prior to initial start date.
- If medical monitoring assessment process is successfully completed, consult as appropriate with the department's Employment Consultant/Recruiter in HR.
Employment Consultant/Recruiter Responsibilities:
- Medical surveillance/medical monitoring statement is reviewed by the Employment Consultant/Recruiter for appropriateness of position requirements.
- Advises department to access the Request/Authorization for Medical Services Form from Occupational Health.