Effective July 31, 2018, the University is ending its Retirement Gift Program that provided eligible, retiring staff and faculty a gift from Tiffany & Co. A department may still provide a gift to its own retirees.
Process for Requesting Gift
- Employee must retire before the end of the fiscal year, June 30, 2018, to be eligible.
- Supervisor must request a gift for their eligible employees by July 30, 2018.
The University of California offers the Retirement Gift Program to eligible employees upon retirement. This gift is offered to recognize and express appreciation and gratitude for the employee's years of service. Retirees can now select their gift from a custom website designed especially for the UC Davis Retirement program through Tiffany & Co. This university gift may be in addition to any gift or ceremony a department may wish to provide.
Policy authority for this program comes from:
- OP Business & Finance Bulletin G-41, Non-Cash Awards
- UC Davs P&P Manual
Who is Eligible to Receive a University Retirement Gift?
- Staff and faculty who have 10 or more years of service are eligible for a university retirement gift. We do not process retirement gifts for UC Davis Health, School of Medicine and the following ANR departments:
- ANR Department Codes: 65575, 66000, 66025, 66026, 66050 (UCOP manages their service and retirement gifts)
- SOM Department Codes: 49000, 921221-929998, 939906
- UC Davis Health Department Codes: 029000-02997
How is a Gift Requested?
- The Department requests a retirement gift for their retiring employee by contacting Employee & Labor Relations at 754-8892, supplying the retiree's name and retirement date.
- If a retiree has left the university and did not receive a university gift, the retiree may either contact their previous supervisor with this information or contact E&LR giving their supervisor's name and E&LR will follow up and confirm with the department.
- This program is funded centrally. Departments are not charged for the retirement gift.
What Happens Next?
- E&LR will verify eligibility in PPS (see Who is Eligible above).
- E&LR will email eligible retirees a congratulatory notice with simple instructions for accessing the Tiffany & Co. website. If a retiree is no longer available through their university email, or does not have an email address listed in the UC Davis online directory, the notice will be mailed to the retiree's home address as noted in PPS. Instructions for receiving a gift if a retiree does not have computer access are included in the congratulatory notice.
How Does the Retiree Claim their Gift?
- Upon receiving their congratulatory notice from E&LR, the retiree can go online to select their gift from a selection of gifts available based on their years of service (either from the 10-19 years or the 20 and over year category).
- Tiffany & Co. will mail the gift directly to the address supplied by the retiree. A Chancellor's thank-you card will be included with the gift.
How Long Will it Take to Receive the Gift?
- Depending on when the gift is ordered, a gift may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to arrive as they are shipped out on a monthly basis.
Contact Human Resources: Employee & Labor Relations at (530) 754-8892