Temporary Employment Services (TES)
TES places employees with clerical/administrative, service, and other specialized skills at UC Davis Campus and UC Davis Health departments that need temporary staff support. The available assignments can be full-time, part-time and short-term or long-term in duration. In the past, the majority of our jobs have been administrative but more recently we have greatly expanded to offer a greater variety of positions.
Temporary Employment Services offers:
- Competitive salaries
- A variety of assignments and locations - UC Davis Campus (Davis) and UC Davis Health (Sacramento)
- Opportunities for skill enhancement
- You may be eligible for University benefits including:
-Legal and Tax-Savings Programs
- Exposure to career opportunities with the UC Davis Campus and UC Davis Health. Many TES employees find career employment with UC Davis.
- We encourage you to apply for career positions if you are seeking more permanent employment.
If you are interested in a position, please complete and submit your application online (see How to Apply below). We can receive hundreds of applications for each position so it may take time for us to screen them all. Unfortunately, we do not have the staffing available to provide individual status for the positions you may have applied for. We interview those that most directly meet the needs of what our departments are requesting at that point in time. The skill level is high so we are only able to interview those who are competitive and have the required skill levels. You may not be selected for an interview for a particular posting. You are welcome to reapply for other job postings as we never know what types of positions will be available.
How To Apply:
- Go to UC Davis Career Opportunities
- Click "SEARCH JOBS" on the left navigation bar
- Use the drop down menu in the "Department" field and select "TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT SERVICES - 062120"
- Click the "Search" button.
Temporary Employment positions are posted at different levels (the actual assignment and level one is sent out on depends on the demand from departments and the employee's skill level). Each position of interest needs to be applied for separately.
Once you have been interviewed and we are moving forward with your application, we check references, complete a background check and possibly a physical. Because our department needs are so varied, we could contact you anywhere from one day to several weeks after you have been cleared to be hired. When filling positions we first use our current employees to fill requests. When everyone is out on assignment, or they do not have the skills needed for that position, we then start contacting the candidates that were processed and are ready for hire.
Depending on the type of position you apply for determines the length of time you can be hired. For our Administrative positions we can hire for a period of three years. Our employees may work for several departments during that period of time as assignments vary. Most of our assignments are for several months but occasionally we have part time or short term assignments.