Medical monitoring is required for select positions to protect the new employee from possible work related health problems and to protect the University from liability issues. It is the department's responsibility to ensure an assessment/review by Occupational Health Services for medical monitoring purposes is completed prior to the start date for a new hire. Please contact your Employment Consultant/Recruiter if you have questions about the classifications identified for medical monitoring.
- Identifies the position requiring medical surveillance/medical monitoring program participation based on specific job classifications.
- Request/Authorization for Medical Services Form from Occupational Health.
- Include a statement which should appear under the "Work Environment" section of the position description in the PeopleAdmin system.
This position is subject to Medical Surveillance procedures and review in accordance with Federal and State Laws and Regulations and University Policy.
- Upon selection, department schedules individual for medical monitoring assessment with Occupational Health prior to initial start date.
- If medical monitoring assessement process is successfully completed, the department initiates the hire decision in the PeopleAdmin system following consultation as appropriate with the department's Employment Consultant/Recruiter in HR.
Employment Consultant/Recruiter Responsibilities:
- Medical surveillance/medical monitoring statement is reviewed by the Employment Consultant/Recruiter for appropriateness of position requirements.
- Advises department to access the Request/Authorization for Medical Services Form from Occupational Health.