UCD Retirement Gift Program
The University of California offers the Retirement Gift Program to eligible employees upon retirement. This gift is offered to recognize and express appreciation and gratitude for the employee's years of service to the University of California.
Retirees can now select their gift from a custom website designed especially for the UCD Retirement program through Tiffany & Co.
This University gift may be in addition to any gift or ceremony a department may wish to provide.
Policy authority for this program comes from:
- UCD P&P Manual
Who is Eligible to Receive a University Retirement Gift?
- Staff and faculty who have 10 or more years of service are eligible for a University retirement gift. We do not process retirement gifts for UCDHS, School of Medicine and the following ANR departments:
- ANR Department Codes: 65575, 66000, 66025, 66026, 66050 (UCOP manages their service and retirement gifts)
- SOM Department Codes: 49000, 921221-929998, 939906
- UCDHS Department Codes: 029000-02997
How is a Gift Requested?
- The Department requests a retirement gift for their retiring employee by contacting Employee & Labor Relations at 754-8892, supplying the retiree's name and retirement date.
- If a retiree has left the University and did not receive a University gift, the retiree may either contact their previous supervisor with this information or contact E&LR giving their supervisor's name and E&LR will follow up and confirm with the department.
- This program is funded centrally. Departments are not charged for the retirement gift.
What Happens Next?
- E&LR will verify eligibility in PPS (see Who is Eligible above).
- E&LR will email eligible retirees a congratulatory notice with simple instructions for accessing the Tiffany & Co. website. If a retiree is no longer available through their University email, or does not have an email address listed in the UCD online directory, the notice will be mailed to the retiree's home address as noted in PPS. Instructions for receiving a gift if a retiree does not have computer access are included in the congratulatory notice.
How Does the Retiree Claim their Gift?
- Upon receiving their congratulatory notice from E&LR, the retiree can go online to select their gift from a selection of gifts available based on their years of service (either from the 10-19 years or the 20 and over year category).
- Tiffany & Co. will mail the gift directly to the address supplied by the retiree. A Chancellor's thank-you card will be included with the gift.
How Long Will it Take to Receive the Gift?
- Depending on when the gift is ordered, a gift may take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to arrive as they are shipped out on a monthly basis.
Contact Human Resources: Employee & Labor Relations at (530) 754-8892