The UC Davis Women Leaders Series.
- The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®
Leaders model the way. Leaders have strong beliefs about matters of principle. To be able to clearly articulate their beliefs, leaders find their voice by clarifying personal values. But clarity is not enough. To be credible, leaders do what they say they will do. They set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
Leaders inspire a shared vision. They look across the horizon of time and envision an ennobling and uplifting future. Leaders are positive, they bring the future to life, and they enlist others in a common cause.
Leaders challenge the process. They are pioneers, willing to step out and change the way things are. They experiment and take risks and learn from the accompanying mistakes.
Leaders enable others to act. They know they cannot do it alone, so they foster collaboration and strengthen others. By actively involving people in planning and decision-making, and through daily acts of trust and respect, leaders increase the competence and confidence of their constituents.
Leaders encourage the heart. They recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.
- Identify their own leadership strengths and areas for improvement.
- The goal is for each attendee to develop new set of skills to prepare and empower them to thrive in our modern competitive culture. Each session is highly interactive.
2022/2023 UC Davis Women Leaders Series
- Women Leaders: The Confident Professional - August 17, 2022
- Women Leaders: Political Acumen - August 23, 2022
- Women Leaders: The Remote Leader - September 27, 2022
- Women Leaders: Powerful Communication and Presentations - October 10, 2022
- Women Leaders: Finding Your Voice and Personal Power - October 27, 2022
- Women Leaders: The Confident Professional - January 24, 2023
- Women Leaders: Political Acumen - February 15, 2023
- Women Leaders: The Remote Leader - March 1, 2023
- Women Leaders: Powerful Communication and Presentations - April 18, 2023
- Women Leaders: Finding Your Voice and Personal Power - May 10, 2023
Contact Learning Development and Professional Services (Davis campus) at firstname.lastname@example.org