Getting Started with ePerformance
Things to do before the cycle starts
Do you have PeopleSoft access?
All employees with an active UC Davis Health computer account should have or can get PeopleSoft access. If you do not have access to PeopleSoft or have never logged in, go to the PeopleSoft Production site and sign in using your UC Davis Health computer account username and password.
Upon logging in, an PeopleSoft account will be automatically created for you and you will have standard employee access. Supervisor-level access will be automatically configured the following day, at which time you will have access to Manager Self Service and will be able to access the on-line evaluations.
Academic supervisors who do not have staff direct reports in PeopleSoft but would like to participate in the evaluation process can submit a Service Request through the IT Service Catalog system to have their PeopleSoft user profile updated. See the Department Tips page for more information on how to request access.
Ensure your list of direct reports in PeopleSoft is accurate
Please ensure your list of direct reports in PeopleSoft is correct before the evaluation cycle begins or you will receive performance documents for employees who do not report to you.
To verify your direct reports, log into PeopleSoft and go to Manager Self-Service > Job and Personal Information > Request Reporting Change. If all of the employees listed do report to you directly, there is no further action required. If any of the employees listed no longer or have never reported to you, please follow the instructions below to move their positions to another supervisor.
Reporting and Location Changes FAQ’s
How to Complete a Reporting and Location Change
If you have questions about UC Davis Health performance management process or the online forms, please contact the support desk at: email@example.com
Printing an ePerformance Document from Internet Explorer
You can print a performance document using the browser print button although the font will be rather small. If you need it to be larger, use this method (currently only works with Internet Explorer).
1. Open the evaluation and click on the Printable Performance Document link (located at bottom of page)
2. Select Edit > Select All
3. File > Print Preview
4. From middle drop-down box, select As Selected on Screen
5. Use the next box on the right to select your font size
6. And then Print
Staying on schedule
Use the PeopleSoft ePerformance reports to monitor and manage the performance evaluation cycle for your department(s). The reports are located in PeopleSoft> Main Menu > Workforce Administration > UC Custom Reports > ePerformance Reports.
If an employee terminates and has an active performance evaluation, either complete the evaluation process if the review has already been started or cancel it (Performance Management > Cancel Document).
If a supervisor/manager terminates and they own active performance documents, the department should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the evaluation(s) be transferred to an alternate evaluator.
Evaluators on leave
If you have evaluations assigned to you and you are going on leave during the evaluation cycle, consider transferring the performance documents to an alternate evaluator so that they can be completed and approved by the cycle deadline.
Departments should be monitoring the performance process via ePerformance reports and requesting evaluations are transferred to an alternate evaluator. Requests should be sent to email@example.com.
ePerformance Access for Academic Supervisors
Note: This process is only valid for faculty who supervisor staff employees but do not have staff direct reports.
Follow the process outlined within the IT Incidents and Service Requests.doc on how to submit a Service Request. Search for the ‘eHR’ catalog item and request access to Performance Management.
Printing An Evaluation from Internet Explorer
Review this guide to successfully print an evaluation from Internet Explorer
Note: This information does not pertain to Safari or Mozilla. You may experience issues printing from these browsers.
- What is ePerformance?
- PeopleSoft ePerformance is a web-based, self-service, performance management solution that will streamline and improve the evaluation process.
- What are performance documents?
- Performance documents are employee evaluation forms which supervisors and employees complete together in order to document and evaluate employee performance.
- Do I have to use ePerformance?
- Yes. Paper evaluations will no longer be used. All supervisors will be completing employee evaluations online.
- Why are we changing the evaluation process?
- The process is not changing. Only the method in which evaluations are completed and submitted is changing.
- Have the review periods changed?
- No, the review cycles will remain the same as previous years. Visit the Due Dates page to read more about the review cycles.
System Access and Setup
- What if I don't have access to PeopleSoft?
- Any employee with a UC Davis Health computer account can get access to PeopleSoft. Simply access the PeopleSoft production site and sign in using your computer account user name and password. An PeopleSoft account will be created for you immediately.
- What if I can’t see the Performance Management module in Manager Self Service?
- Send an email to Hsfirstname.lastname@example.org to have your access reviewed. Include your name, employee id and description of the issue.
- Who do I contact if I am having technical difficulties with ePerformance?
- Send an email to Hsemail@example.com with a detailed description of your issue.
- Some employees do not have access to a computer. How do they review their performance evaluation?
- You can sit with your supervisor/manager at their computer and make changes together. Another option is to work from a printed/hard copy of the performance evaluation.
- Does my manager need to provide me with a copy of my performance document?
- No, your manager is no longer required to provide you with a hard copy of the document but can upon request. You have the ability to view your performance documents at any time in PeopleSoft.
- What are performance notes?
- The Performance Notes feature provides employees, supervisors and managers with the ability to document performance-related information within the ePerformance module at any time during the year. Performance Notes can only be viewed by the person entering them but as with any document on a UC Davis Health system, the notes are the property of the UCD Medical Center.
- Who can see my evaluation?
- You, your supervisor and all upper managers in your reporting chain, as well as the Human Resources Performance Administrator, will be able to see your performance evaluation.
- Can I edit or delete a performance note after it has been saved in the system?
- You can edit a performance note in the system.
- May I attach documentation such as performance improvement plans or proof of accomplishments in order to support the rating?
- This is currently being considered and we hope to have this functionality in the future. We will provide updates as progress is made.
- What do I do with documents that have been created for employees who no longer report to me?
- Use the ‘Transfer Document’ feature to transfer the evaluation document to the correct supervisor. Then go to the ‘Reporting Changes’ section of PeopleSoft Manager Self-Service to correct your reporting structure. For more information on performing reporting changes, read the instructions on the Supervisor Toolkit page.
- I accidentally released the document to the employee but I am not finished? What do I do?
- Use the ‘Change Document Status’ feature to re-open the document.
- How do I submit a deferral?
- Refer to the Deferral process located on the Performance Evaluation Guidelines and Policies page.
- I have an employee evaluation in my queue but another supervisor needs to complete the review. How do I handle this?
- Use the ‘Transfer Document feature to re-assign the performance evaluation to another supervisor. Be sure the person you are assigning the evaluation to is a supervisor otherwise they will not be able to access the document.
- I transferred a performance evaluation to another supervisor but they are not able to see the document. What happened?
- If the person you assigned the document to is not a supervisor in PeopleSoft they will not be able to view/access the performance evaluation. Send an email to Hsfirstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of your issue