The university continues putting people first by developing programs so layoffs remain a tool of last resort.
UC Davis has launched a Voluntary Separation Program (VSP) that joins other programs like expanded administrative leave, the vacancy management program, and temporary opportunities for work as a way we are addressing budget challenges, while remaining an employer of choice.
Voluntary Separation Program
Severance pay may be available to Davis campus, School of Medicine and Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing staff who voluntarily elect to leave their jobs. The VSP is not available at the UC Davis Medical Center due to operational factors.
The VSP is open to policy-covered (non-represented) staff employees and Clerical (CX), Service (SX), Patient Care Technical (EX), Research Support (RX), Technical (TX) and Health Care Professionals (HX) employees.
- Employees should apply as soon as possible and no later Nov. 10 by submitting the VSP application to their direct supervisor
- Human Resources will communicate approval/declination by Nov. 25
- Employee must separate between Dec. 14 and Jan. 15, 2021
- The department is responsible for approving an employee’s request to participate in the VSP and must demonstrate permanent financial savings to justify the VSP payments.
- Employees who participate in the VSP may not return to UC employment for three years, or are subject to VSP repayment.