Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act affects Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
Email updates will arrive in your inbox from WageWorks, which administers employee HSA/FSA Plans
The following are now eligible for reimbursement through your HSA or FSA:
- Over-the-counter drugs and medicines without a doctor’s prescription
- Menstrual care products (now considered a qualified medical expense); all expenses incurred after December 31, 2019, qualify, and the provision has no expiration date
FSA Enrollments and Contributions
- If your partner loses a job, and eligibility for the employer’s Health FSA plan, due to the pandemic, you may enroll in UC’s Health FSA or increase your contribution.
- Under existing rules, certain changes in your situation may allow you to increase or decrease contributions, or enroll or disenroll from your FSA.
- With schools and daycares closed and many people working from home, your dependent care expenses may have changed dramatically due to the COVID-19 pandemic.