Forbes Recognizes UC Davis
as a Best Employer In 2019
We’re one of the best and most diverse and we’ve got our employees to thank for it.
UC Davis has been recognized by Forbes as one of the nation’s best large employers (more than 5,000 employees), our sixth year in a row receiving this distinction. Additionally, UC Davis Health was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
“UC Davis is a leader in sustainable transportation, Veterinary Medicine, autism research and so many other areas,” notes Kelly Ratliff, Vice Chancellor for Finance, Operations and Administration. “I give all the credit to our employees that are so focused on education, research and patient-care. Our employees are striving to make the University better every day, and I’m proud they’d give us a plug to their friends.”
UC Davis Health’s ranking reflects the recommendations of 50,000 respondents from minority groups asked to rate criteria such as age, gender, ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation equality, as well as that of general diversity.
A critical part of what makes UC Davis a best employer is cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce. UC Davis’ Principles of Community promote equity, justice, respect and understanding; and these principles guide Human Resources’ efforts to recruit and retain employees that excel across a range of patient-care, public service and academic undertakings.
“From our diversity ambassadors to our support of Veteran Employees, we’re committed to the current and future employees who all make unique contributions to UC Davis," according to Chief Human Resources Officer, Christine Lovely. “These designations are a thoughtful reminder of how much we do to support work-life balance, professional development and inclusive excellence for our employees, and we've also got room to grow."
What Makes UC Davis the Best
- Principles of Community: Valuing individuality and fostering new ideas that make UC Davis a leading institution.
- Work-life balance: UC Davis supports faculty, staff, students, and retirees in their pursuit of a balanced lifestyle.
- Professional Development: Employees can advance their career with classes offered through training and development.
- Extraordinary Benefits: UC Davis' benefits program is just one way we demonstrate our dedication to your success and well-being both throughout your career with us, and afterwards.
- Commitment to a diverse workforce: We are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce that reflects the students, patients, and community members we support.
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Vision: We have an opportunity to develop a more diverse community of scholars. A clear plan will move UC Davis toward its goal of inclusion excellence, meaning the condition in which all members of a community are encouraged and supported to work, study, and learn in a way that allows each of us to reach our full potential.
- Soaring to New Heights celebration: An annual awards ceremony that honors staff and faculty for their contributions to diversity awareness, disability awareness and campus safety.