In partnership with UC Davis WorkLife, YMCA has launched a Learning Lab specifically for UC Davis Health families to help with distance learning for their school-age children. The program has been extended through Winter Term 2021.
The mornings include support for distance learning assigned by the school district. The afternoon incorporates a healthy snack, physical activity and lessons in character development, social emotional learning and STEAM activities.
- Ages: K-6th grades
- UC Davis Location
- CHT, Education Building, UC Davis Health
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m. Parents may sign up for any combination of days of the week, full weeks or individual days...whatever best meets their schedule.
- Cost: UC Davis Rate $225/week or $55/day. Sites will not be open/charged for campus Holidays.
- Limited grants up to $1000 are now available for Health employees through the COVID-19 Support Fund. Contact email@example.com for more information on how to apply for this specific aid.
How to Register
1. Set up your YMCA community account:
The YMCA has launched a brand new online registration system. If you try to log into your account and receive an error message, you may need to create a new password. Please follow these directions to successfully set up your new account:
- Visit the REGISTRATION LINK
- Create an account (if you do not have one) under "sign-up".
- When choosing a location choose Sacramento Central for UCD Health and Yolo County YMCA for UCD Campus. Register as a non-member. Add the children to be enrolled under "add member".
- Locate the UCD site and program needed (options on the number of days) and register your child(ren) for the desired school age program.
If you have any problems with registration or receive any errors, please email:
- Micah Helms firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Lab Experience
Children are instructed to bring their own devices/computers, headphones, lunch and school supplies. YMCA staff provide assistance with logging into instruction as well as enrichment activities and snacks throughout the rest of the day. Campus provides building and outdoor space, electrical outlets and wifi (set up your child's computer for campus access and please send them with a fully charged device).
All YMCA locations practice safe protocols with:
- Temperature checks before entry for all students and staff
- Hand washing upon entry
- Mask required for all staff and students in 3rd grade and above
- Distanced check in and check out stations
- Social Distance Markers and Concentration/health Desk Dividers
- Frequent handwashing and sanitation of high use surface areas
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
Staff Training: YMCA staff are all trained in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, Positive Behavior Management, health and safety protocol according to the State of California, the County of Sacramento, and the Center for Disease Control to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.