WorkLife on the Road
Invite WorkLife to your next unit meeting to learn about programs and policies designed to assist the employee and discuss work-life integration strategies to reduce stress and optimize you and your team's work experience.
Our speaker visits your workplace and presents work-life strategies designed to encourage an environment of knowledge and support enabling employees to bring their best selves to work each day.
Evidence tells us that this support translates to greater employee productivity, satisfaction, engagement and retention. In the 2014 Deloitte Millennial Survey, “good work/life balance” is listed as the number one issue of importance in a career after salary.
"WorkLife on the Road" explores the myth of "work-life balance," and offers an integrated perspective and pragmatic approach to addressing the oft-competing responsibilities of work and life. We offer organizational, managerial, and personal strategies to address challenges and then embrace a holistic approach to address individual well-being setting the foundation for success. We give an overview of policy, programs and resources that enable people to be effective, engaged and satisfied at work and home.
Participants gain a perspective shift necessary for addressing work-life "imbalance," and finding meaning in, and motivation around, their work. Participants will engage in a narrative exercise and be encouraged to make the most of their break-time to enhance creativity, well-being and resulting productivity. Participants will identify "just one thing" that they can incorporate into each day improve their well-being and work-life integration.
Email us at email@example.com to schedule this informative mini-workshop for your group.
- Mindful Breathing Exercise from The Greater Good Science Center
- All Practices menu from the Greater Good Science Center
- UCLA Health Mindful Awareness Research Center Free Guided Meditations (in Spanish & English)
- FreeMindfulness.org Guided practices include body scans, breathing, meditations, guided imagery, and self-guided audio tracks.
- Nature Therapy: Relaxing Full Motion Forestry with Natural Sounds (you tube, run time 30 minutes)--nice background for computer work
- Sound Baths to listen to at work.
- UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness, with a public meditation room with guided meditations and other practice-oriented resources.