WorkLife on the Road: Skills for the New World of Work
One positive result of a global pandemic has been a deeper examination of how we want to spend our time on earth, and the role of work and career in that reimagining. The relationship between work and life is a constant ebb and flow of time, attention and energy, and WorkLife has tools to help individuals establish and nurture harmony between work and life. We will explore the new skills, both internal and external, necessary to function effectively in this ever-changing post(?) pandemic world of work. This presentation will explore the following:
- An overview of work-life, reimagined for today’s world of work
- Identify your work-life conflict and learn practices and tools to enhance work-life harmony
- A deep dive into self-care, resilience, burnout, boundaries, gratitude and the importance of meaning in work
- Develop an understanding of the new advantages and challenges brought about by flexible work
- Explore specific tools to optimize your work so you can let-go at the end of the day
- Boost skills to insulate yourself from burnout and motivation challenges
- Learn to tap into your strengths to optimize your functioning at both work and home
We will explore the myth of "work-life balance," and offer an integrated perspective and pragmatic approach to addressing the oft-competing responsibilities of work and life. We offer organizational, managerial, and personal strategies to address challenges and then embrace a holistic approach to address individual well-being setting the foundation for success. Participants will gain a perspective shift necessary for addressing work-life "imbalance," and finding meaning in, and motivation around, their work.
2022 provides us a great deal of opportunity, both as an organization and as individuals, to reimagine work-life going forward. This presentation will provide the support and tools to encourage the necessary mind shifts and ultimate transitions to the new, more effective—less stressful---world of work.
Email us at email@example.com to schedule a WorkLife presentation for you team.
- Mindful Breathing Exercise from The Greater Good Science Center
- All Practices menu from the Greater Good Science Center
- UCLA Health Mindful Awareness Research Center Free Guided Meditations (in Spanish & English)
- FreeMindfulness.org Guided practices include body scans, breathing, meditations, guided imagery, and self-guided audio tracks.
- Nature Therapy: Relaxing Full Motion Forestry with Natural Sounds (you tube, run time 30 minutes)--nice background for computer work
- Sound Baths to listen to at work.
- UMass Medical School Center for Mindfulness, with a public meditation room with guided meditations and other practice-oriented resources.